1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Gay or Bi???? So Confused!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 1000littlepoems, Dec 17, 2012.

1. 1000littlepoems

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok i am extremely confused about whether to say I am gay or bi. I want to come out to my family, but i don't now whether to tell them I am gay, or "I like guys" or just cover all worries and go with bisexual. I don't want to say bi, because honestly i'm really confused about whether I am really attracted to girls or not.
    So let's start from the beginning:
    I have never felt sexually attracted to girls, but i have felt an emotional attraction. In high school, i felt a connection to this girl that i thought was love, but it wasn't anything sexual and i never got the chance to ask her out anyway. However, i really never thought of myself as gay until later when i realized i was indeed attracted to guys and couldn't deny it to myself no longer. I have had one boy friend and it is with guys that i feel a very deep emotional and sexual attraction. In fact, i really feel i want to be only guys and date guys- i mean thats what i want, but i feel i cant be sure because how do i know if i have never gone out with a girl and what if I'm in a "phase" of only wanting to be with guys? I like guys, but am not sure with girls. I feel if a really nice girl came along i would want to be with her, just because she showed interest in me and there may be "love in the air", but i just don't really feel the sexual or intense attraction. And i have always thought of myself being with girls, and its strange to clear my head of that, but i feel that is just a societal thing.
    So is it wrong to just say I'm gay when i'm not sure about the other side?
    If I want to be with guys now, is it just a phase and will it change later????
    And what am i???????
    i'm so lost :frowning2:

2. SomeNights

hey, just remember: Labels are for soup cans. If I were you just leave it at "i like guys". I still don't know if I'm 100% gay, but i personally am okay with that. Be yourself and don't worry about the title.

definitely not! Nobody expects you to have all the answers.
    Maybe, but if it does it does. Don't stress it.

well according to your screen name you are 1000littlepoems, be yourself.

3. Lad123

I think you are gay. You said only want to be with guys and date guys, and you don't have any sexual attraction to girls.

Your concern about having never gone out with a girl, well you don't really need to do this in order to figure out your sexuality because you just have this feeling right? Straights don't need to date their own sex to figure out their sexuality so why do you? :slight_smile:

4. Inescapable

On a quick note - if you still feel some kind of romantic attraction towards women and men, but only experience sexual attraction towards men (and you are a man) - it's classed as "biromantic homosexual" if you wish to be specific.

I've been in that stage before, but I came out slightly confident :slight_smile:P) that I still had an attraction towards women. It may be a phase and you might come out having lost all feeling for women, or it might remain you never know. Just don't feel pressurised to label yourself as anything - only time will tell :slight_smile: