1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans* and masturbating?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jim, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim

I was just wondering whether it is normal or not to feel like... Really awkward to masturbate if you're a transgendered person (I'm ftm/genderqueer/kind working things out)
    I just hate all parts of myself that make me female, so doing anything like that makes me feel just uncomfortable.

Am I weird?

2. FunnyMonkey

I think anything that is weird is when you do something just to fit in. So in my book no you are not , you are just you!!

3. DhammaGamer

Lots of trans folks have a hard time with any sort of sexual contact. It's something you should discuss with a therapist.

4. ForceAndVerve

Ok so I'm not transexual so feel free to disregard my post but...

As far as I'm concerned it makes perfect sense for you to not enjoy masturbation when you concider that it just reminds you that you do have female parts. I think it would be tantamount to me going for a wank only to find a vagina had replaced my penis.

5. Jim

Jim

Cool, I'm not a freak then! I have a therapist, but she's not for gender things, so I might ask to be referred to one.

That's pretty much how I feel. It's like "hey where did my dick go... Oh yeah, I never had one. Fuck."

6. PurpleCrab

Really depends of the trans* person. From what I've heard, lots of trans* people feel awkward about masturbating at first and then they find a way that doesn't make them feel so dysphoric.
    Lots of trans* people also masturbate regularly without minding their wrong genitals for this, as in, they just do with.

7. Hexagon

I understand, and its not strange to feel that way. Obviously, nothings perfect, but I do have a suggestion. The clitoris is the equivalent to the penis in men, and will be enlarged with testosterone therapy, so you might want to try focussing on that.

8. Deaf Not Blind

Ha! Kinda yup! So I actually MUST hold in one hand a very expensive replica of a penis or I can't do it...not seeing a penis I can't masturbate. I must be able to physically feel, see, and mind say I am jerking off or nothing. Weirdest thing!

---------- Post added 18th Dec 2012 at 05:03 PM ----------

My great grampa lost big toes in snow due to frostbite. He would feel it, and it felt itchy, so he went to scratch it and dang, can't! But he had phantom toe...could feel it but not there!
    Dude, I got phantom parts too. Now I am starting to feel my jaw near ears and feel akward, where is the hair stubble?? Oh yeah, I have never shaved...but not stop it, I still feel strange I don't have facial hair to irritate me...I am irritated to have nothing irritate me?? Weird mind! Yes, even not wearing a packer...I feel in my legs my penis...all the parts are there in my mind, and when I see a girl and get a feeling, I have covered up with my hat or backpack as my mind don't want anybody see it move...and you CANT. STUPID!

9. AlexisAnne

Yeah, for me any kind of sexual contact is awkward. I don't like others playing below my belt as it were. When I do masturbate, I do some anal play because the act of being penetrated helps to make me feel a little more feminine in that regard and honestly I try to concentrate more on the fantasy and not think too much about what my hand is actually doing. That helps too. It still feels a little off, but it allows me to get where I need to be. Just kind of wanted to add to the fact that you're not alone. I've spoken to my therapist about it, and she says that she's heard the same thing from many of her trans patients.

To Deaf: The phantom thing isn't actually that uncommon. I've read articles about how a lot of trans people have many of those same phantom sensations.

10. Deaf Not Blind

Yeah? wow, all the time I keep finding my secrets are not really uncommon for trans. I really wish I had more info on what is making me this way. I would like to be a good man.

11. AlexisAnne

I've been researching our "condition" for like ten years now :slight_smile: like you though I was often surprised to find how many others felt some of the things I was feeling Deaf :slight_smile:

12. J Snow

I personally don't have a major problem with masturbation, though I do usually fantasize about getting penetrated while doing so. I have had a problem with having my penis involved with sex in the past before I started transitioning.

13. Deaf Not Blind

I only found out the term in April. I bet you know a ton more...you can post my wall stuff if you think help me. Thanks.

14. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I honestly never had a problem with it. I identify as trans, yes, but I'm a dude who has a vag and doesnt want a dick! Pleasure is pleasure! And besides, once you get inside your head and start wih the fantasies, you can detach your mind from your body.

15. Deaf Not Blind

You can, but not me. I got to see and feel and think I got one real one attached and ready to go. In my stupid mind it even wants to ejaculate. No joke. I am happy I am not only one who does that. Cuz I feel really weird that my mind really plays tricks on me.

16. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Dude that must be so tough :frowning2: hang in there - one day you will have a brand spankin new penis to call your own! :slight_smile:

17. FemCasanova

Just a general tip, might work, might not. Use a vibrator. What I "like" (though I am a lesbian and not a transgender), is the turn on factor from it feeling like I am holding a penis when I do it under the cover. You could possibly get the same effect. That way, you can do the oh oh on your female parts, and feel it, while being able to stimulate having a penis :slight_smile:

18. Hot Pink

I struggle with this too. I don't like touching my penis at all. It's slightly easier these days because I have breasts, but it doesn't solve everything. Also, I often get sexual desires that I can't fulfill. I'm not even sure how I get these desires, since I don't have the parts but I do.

19. Jim

Jim

Thanks for all the help guys :slight_smile:
    I wish they taught us about gender dysphoria and things in school, instead of just going on and on about STD's. I mean how many pictures of Gonnorreah do we need to see?!

20. Deaf Not Blind

Jim, yep I agree. If id known I woulda sought help before I was even 13!

Pink, what a weird thing it must be for girls to try to do it and find no vagina or clit but a mans part. Im trying to imagine that, and i would think it maybe more hard to imagine away a large part than small one. But I can honestly undy how you can have urges in the mind making you want to do stuff not possible. Isnt this sad but interesting discussion? My mind since coming out has stupidly assumed im cisgender male and tells me go do stuff i cant! I bought Rodeo briefs and dick in case it gets me into that situation...i need to grab free condoms at school. Cant believe it. But one thing not possible until transitioned is my mind says if i liked a GUY go frot. Um, i best stick to chick love. :/