1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question For Bi-sexuals!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MyLifeMyRules, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Just a question, do people who are bi-sexual go through phases of being attracted to 1 gender than, some time later, prefer another gender, than do it again?:help:

2. PurpleCrab

Some people do, yes. Others don't.

I remember a time when I thought I was completely straight (am a Kinsey 2) but when I figured out I was bisexual, I got extremely curious about having gay experiences. I kind of obsessed about this for a while.

But as a general thing I am very stable as to what gender I'm attracted to.

3. lexi

lexi Guest

lol, I go through stages of preferance yes. Some times i feel like im attracted to guys alot more, sometimes i feel like im attracted to girls alot more, generally its just equall though :slight_smile:

4. Yeah ive been thinking im bi and im i do have 'phases' i am in my guy phase, first change in 12 years if it is true, but i may be gay aswell, idk, thanks for sharing though!

5. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes but the preferences I get during those phases are not nearly as strong as they are for gay and straight people. I might go from 2 to 4 throughout the week but rarely ever stronger than that.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do. I've been swinging towards gay lately, partially because I live with my girlfriend (getting used to being intimate with her, which still doesn't suck one bit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and I'm just generally ready for a guy. But while I was single, it really was like waking up and throwing a dart.

7. Capichino

Yes they do some one day like one gender more than the other (I'm gay not bi so I'm saying from my freinds point of veiw that is bi)

8. Crazyguy

In my case the attractions have changed at different points in my life. If I had life to do over again I would try to hook up with someone that was okay with an open relationship. As it is I'm in a long term monogamous relationship and while I love my partner, I've always felt a part of me was incomplete and I have suffered from depression as a result.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish we could Facebook "Like" things on this site, because I'd do so for this post. So true.

10. livinglifefree

I definitely show different preferences on different days. At no point am I only exclusively attracted to one gender though.

11. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I definately go through changing preferances, but the attraction to both is still there. I like to say that I'm either in a gay mood or straight mood depending in who I'm more attracted to on a given day

12. BiErik

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do actually,

13. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I went through my life rejecting my attraction towards guys except for a few times where I'd stop rejecting it for a couple days/weeks at a time. I don't know if I'd really consider these phases so much as series of confusion/denial.

Since I began to accept my feelings, I can't remember ever really switching through phases. My attractions towards both genders seems pretty static.

14. Jim

Jim

I go through phases, yes.
    I used to predominantly like men, until I properly discovered my true sexual preference, then I started looking at girls in a sexual way, rather than just friends, and I went off men majorly. Also because of a bad relationship with a guy, and I generally found most men I knew very sexist, misogynistic and immature.
    Now I'm pretty much half and half. Gender doesn't affect me at all, people are just people, and some are immature, yes, but some are also not, and those are the people I like to be with.