1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need your opinion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woundsneverheal, Dec 18, 2012.

1. okay some may have read my thread about my ex online girlfriend and how she emailed me saying how she still has feelings for me , i am happy but right now , i'm stuck , i want to be with her ...but i just feel like i can't....we would skype and i could get a job , i'm trying to get my driving hours in but
    i don't , i want to be with her ...i have for 6 months ...but i just feel it'd be stupid to do long distance at 16..

please help me here...i've tried finding someone else but she's right there in the back of my mind.

what should i do?

2. birdy

Thanks for helping me out! It looks like you're in a confusing situation too! I can totally relate because I had a lingering crush on a girl really far away. Eventually, I got over it when I realized that it just wouldn't work out for wither of us. I recommend that you try to do the same. It sounds like any sort of long-distance romantic relationship between you all would be more upsetting than anything else. You can still be friends, but a relationship with someone nearby would probably make you happier. (sorry, just my opinion)

3. thank you for answering , it's just...we've had a complicated past and ..i've gotten to know her a lot better and have you ever ..well , tried to move around and find someone ....liie flirt with other people but still have that person in the back of your mind?
    thats how it is with me ..it's been like this for 3 months , i've tried flirting and tried to find someone else but she's still in the back of my mind. she's unique and she's just different than everyone else (she said the same thing too haha) but i understand....it would be upsetting ...i just don't know....i've wanted her to be mine for at 6 months ...and for 3 months , i've tried getting over her since i thought she didn't have feelings for me but she finally gave in and confessed ...she's the only one i would do anything for ...god...i wish i could be there and hold her...but i cant...

i'll continue to try and find someone else near me...but ...i don't know what the outcome will be.

but thanks for answering.

4. birdy

I was in a really similar situation. As sad it sounds, you kind of have to let go of the possibility that you and your crush will be together so that you can move on. At least that's how it was for me.

5. i know i ...just...i didn't think we would be together....i can't move on right , its too hard. for 3 straight months , I've tried everything and i feel like im giving up. it kills me that i cant be with her and one day we'll go our separate ways , we've been through a lot and im not saying she's the "one" , im just saying...she's always in the back of my mind...everyone i talk to is just not like her , she's not perfect and that's what attracts me to her...

i've tried letting go , BELIEVE ME but its really hard.
    i understand what your're saying but its hard for me to let her go.

6. curlycats

if you can't let go then don't. long distance relationships CAN work. i've been in two long distance relationships, one of which was even international, not just interstate. they are hard. very hard. but they CAN be done, if both of the people are strong and very committed to each other.

just to give you some context, when i was 18 and living in Nevada i fell in love with someone i'd met through the internet who was 17 and lived in Oregon. he managed to fly to Nevada and we met for the first time when i was 19. after going to college for 2 years in Nevada and arguing with my mom immensely over it (because she didn't like him), i finally just told her that i would transfer to a college in Oregon where my bf lived with or without her help whether she liked it or not. it took time, but she finally caved and i moved to Oregon and was finally able to be with my bf. we even lived together behind my mom's back.

skip forward a few years, i'm now 24 living in Japan and have fallen head over heals for another online friend who lives in Australia. talk about long distance! he saved up money and lucky for us was able to visit me two times in Japan. one of the times he even stayed with me for 3 months during his summer vacation at college. in 2010 when he was about to go back to Australia at the end of his 3 month stay he asked me if i would move there with him... it was a lot to think about, obviously. but in the end i left my job in Japan, moved to Australia and have been in a battle (not really, but it feels that way) with the Aussie government to give me a permanent visa ever since.

like i said, it's hard. definitely. but it CAN be done. just think about all that a long distance relationship will involve and ask yourself if it's worth it to be with the person you love. if the other person feels the same way you do, go from there and don't let anyone tell you it wont work because it's the two of you who will determine that and no one else.

best of luck to you both! :slight_smile:

#6 curlycats, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  7. thank you. you definitely gave me confidence...i really appreciate it...