1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayforGuys, Dec 18, 2012.

1. GayforGuys

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/77789-guy-i-like.html

So I posted a few days ago asking for advice on a guy that I liked but wasn't sure how to proceed.
    Since then I've decided to just go ahead and talk to him, after thinking what it would be like in a couple of months time thinking 'What If?'
    But that's the thing, I don't know what to say to him, how to casually turn the conversation that way.
    Like I said earlier I haven't talked to him in a couple of months either.

The way I see it is if he is in fact Straight, then ok, that does suck big time, but at least then I know and can move on. But if he is Gay and I miss my opportunity to say something - that would suck even more!

What would you guys do if you were in my position?
    And like I said, how would you turn the conversation in a little more personal way?

Thanks x (*hug*)

2. FemCasanova

Hm, where do you know this guy from? Work? School? What is the setting you usually talk in? You could try some easy probing first, like "So, where do you stand on Homosexuals and same sex marriage?" just to see what he replies. It could be revealing, and help you figure out if he is a possibility or not. Be sure to add that you are pro-marriage or something, so that he doesn`t get nervous and lie, lol, that could cause a big misunderstanding.
    If he is positive to it, you could ask if he would tell his friends and such if he was gay. If he is still positive, you could come out to him, and check out his reaction. If he already knows, but you don`t know whether he is or not, then I think that it might be a sign he is not interested, but it is impossible to know until you have asked. You could ask him if he thinks gay guys would find you attractive or something, lol!

That is, if you don`t want to be direct and just lay it out there :wink: