1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i should be grateful that i even HAVE a bofyriend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pianoguy, Feb 21, 2008.

1. pianoguy

but
    he is SO clingy
    after three months i can't take anymore
    and i don't know how i should handle the situation
    it is borderline absurd
    the types of things he does, how guilty he makes me feel if i have to get off the phone at 4 am to sleep
    its ridiculous, and i dont feel for him like i used to
    sounds like its all negetive, but i dont know what to do
    any thoughts?

2. Sexiican01

start talking to him about needing space?

or just gradually stop talking to him so much
    like...
    hm....
    just little by little, cut the time you're with him down

3. Wolfbane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    honestly, the thing that ruins most relationship is miscommunication. Tell him how you feel...dont be painfully blunt....but let him know how you feel in a nice way...but dont butter it up to a sick proportion. Also, dont try using hints to tell him....you have to TELL him...talking will make a relationship and partnership grow, while secrets can only backfire.

4. Wired106

Umm.. I know how you feel. I would want to probably tell him I'd want a break from him. But he might not handle it well and break down if he really is as clingy as he says. I used to be that way with one of my best friends lol. But the thing was we were both clingy and we did literally everything together. So when we stopped hanging out after a fight, we were both like sad for months. Like I was seriously depressed from it. But I got over it in a few MONTHS. So he might feel the same way.

I think you'd be better off telling him that you need some space and making up some lie to get away from him for a while. It seems like it would suck to talk to someone you don't feel the same for anymore. Anyways, good luck :slight_smile:

5. Sexiican01

i guess you CAN tell him directly
    but i think that'll affect things way more quickly

6. Kimi

You should tell him how you are feel.

And just a thought, if he is gonna make you feel guilty for getting off the phone at 4 am then why not to get off from it at 1 am since he is gonna make you feel bad anyways.:icon_wink

7. pianoguy

thanks you all
    it really is ridiculous
    hes like
    such a "girl" its crazy
    and im not slamming feminine guys either, it sjust not what i want in a relationship... i think we both got into this because we were both ecstatic at the thought of finding another gay guy at our school
    or i did, and so it's my fault
    but i cant stand it anymore ya know? hes just THAT clingy and moody
    he calls seriously like 9 or 10 times after i get back from school

and if i say i want rooom to breath or something he will give me the attitude that clearly says am i not important enough but give me the mopey oh ok, i understand
    it pisses me off like no other!

8. Leigh

Leigh Guest

aw hard situation!
    i think tht watever u decide, make sure ur going out with him from the right reason. if theres things about him you realy like then great, but feeling that ur gona "take wat u can get" sort of thing.. aint gona pay off in the long run

hope it turns out ok :slight_smile:

9. sdc91

If he's suffocating you, be honest and tell him you need your space, too. That's key in a relationship. If he gets mad, then why in the world are you dating him? It obviously wouldn't work out in the long run.

10. Jim1454

Just because you have one thing in common - you're gay - doesn't mean that you're going to be compatible. Obviously you aren't. You need to tell him that you're not happy with how things are going, and that you'd like him to back off. Be honest and set some boundries that you are comfortable with. Or just let him know that it's over - you don't feel the same way for him any more, and that it's time for you both to move on.

11. sexyalex

ok, my suggestion is that u need to come outfront to him and tell him how u feel. 4 am ur comming off the phone that is ridiculous :dry: come on tomorrow is another day people!

i happen to always able to cure other people's relationships but never in one for myself *sigh* anyways, it's statisticaly proven that the more distance here is between 2 partners in a relationship, the more exciting it becomes. u were very vage about the stuff he does but from what i gather u need space huh? well tell him. don't be nice or go around the bush just tell him. if he is older, he will understand. if he is younger he is going to feel like u don't feel the way u id as u used to which u don't. however u don't want him to know that. u just need space.

another proven fact, people with open relationships are least likly to have problems. i learnt that in sociology. gosh, idk what they don't teach us here at Ardenne. :dry:

12. Hugh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry, but clingy is really unhealthy! You have to talk about this!

13. Jace

yeahhh its like i said in some other thread "why settle?" is the fact that your the only two (out i assume) gay guys at school or do you wanna make it work?

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the advice of being clear but not hurtfully blunt was good. A lot of times people starting out in relationship world don't have any benchmarks to go by so they just totally overdo it and really require some super-clear guidelines to figure out what is and isn't acceptable.

15. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to him and tell him you need your space and think things over, maybe you're not compatible. I think it's communication that you need here. Tell him how you feel and if he can't handle that or won't give you space, then say goodbye...