1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just lost friend due to transgender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Deaf Not Blind, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

I had always thought SR was pretty. If she wasn't so self centered and rude I really wanted her to like me! But I had come out to her at a restaurant in August. I figured she could look up transgender, as gee we know others in our Deaf community who are trans! Instead, today I told her about SolarCat her real name that is that SHE is deaf and we are trying to sign on oovoo. She got pissed and said born a boy? then USE RIGHT GENDER! I got pissed said IT IS RIGHT GENDER SHE A GIRL! She made excuses stupid ones about must be completely finished and have a legal name change then is girl. BULSHIT! I told her if you even cared you would look wiki about it, but you rude to me so much! I said how can she tell ME what is and is not when she is not suffering it? she said on Bed time,I said for good bye, and told her as she unfreinded me that she has been rude on FB saying I am "Virrrrgggiinnnn!!" and having abandoned me in airport no way home when she had car and drove past my place to get home, and of course all trans peeps she don't get and don't want to get... so I blocked her.

This sucks.

2. curlycats

it sucks indeed.... i'm sorry your friend acted like that. :/ it seems she wasn't a real friend....

3. Deaf Not Blind

thanks.
    no i don't think she was mine, but i was hers.
    it was hard to let go as i had a slight crush on her.
    but after she was other day rude and unfreinded a man she said had told her he was transgender and then she kept mixing up the stuff about it...then tonight over me trying to sign with an EC member who deaf, she gets bossy at me about ME misusing pronouns, ordering me to call SolarCat a boy/he...it was last straw.
    SolarCat is my buddy, and says is not a gay man, but a bisexual transgirl...so I choose to stand up for ladies...and I cut off with the girl who is a bitch but pretty. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    still...
    i feel upset and very numb inside.
    strangely numb.
    no tears.
    just nothingness.

4. FemCasanova

I am so sorry, DnB (*hug*)

To me, it does not sound like she is the kind of friend one would like to keep. Actually, she seems a total :***: to me. In a way, you are lucky to find out now, while you were the one leading the conversation, and you were prepared with talking about the subject. Seriously, just be happy you got rid of one intolerant b****. She is not much of a friend to begin with, when she reacts like that.

But I get that it hurts. Try channeling a little anger. Use loads of cussing words, if you can (religion), just into empty air. It might help with that empty feeling. I love cussing when I am upset :icon_wink

Do you have other good friend in your organization you can turn to?

5. PurpleCrab

Hi DnB :smilewave I'm not really sure what to answer but I wanted to voice my support. Here's some useless thoughts of mine:
    You really do sound like a great friend to have, it's her loss, so that's really unfair that it would feel like yours.
    I'm in a situation of loss as well. Somehow I wish someone else would step up and fill the gap but my friends feel awkward about what happened : http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/76601-wow-just-lost-my-mom.html so they just step back farther. When I try to reach out, I'm generally answered that at least I've got my wife and kid with me, and they return to their busy lives. Oh well.

Back to your situation though.
    I understand that it's not just this one-way friendship that's broken as you also had a slight crush on the b*tch... and you probably feel like you've wronged yourself that way, somewhat. I certainly know how THIS feels; falling for the worst girls I can fall for and then hating myself for putting me at their mercy. Ha.
    Be glad at least you didn't date her :wink:

6. Deaf Not Blind

:grin: yeah but i in a way almost did. My last time out on the town with her when i came out i looked very male and was treated by waiter as if i was the man on a 1st date. So my loss is that cant change others, and i had bern able to imagine me as her bf. But yeah is best to make the loss for good.

I still feel no sadness exactly..not one tear...very unusual. Oh well. Guess i just will accept the nothing numbness feeling.

What this DID do that is bad is make me dread coming out to other Deaf in my town as many ignorant...and mom. I now got thoughts my whole town could act like that.

7. wandering i

That's really tough... you have my sympathy and support.