1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First "date", need advice!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Luke Matt, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Luke Matt

Ok so I'm freaking out a little. I've met this guy (online) and we've been talking a lot lately/playing Xbox LIVE/snapchatting/spotifying etc. I think I've made it pretty clear that I'm crushing on him and he's been saying how cute I am/how he wants to make out etc. ANYWAY, we're going to see the Hobbit in about a week (I don't know if this qualifies as a date) and I don't know what to expect. What if he kisses me (possible wishful thinking here)? I've never kissed a guy before (and I've definately never made out); how would I kiss him back? Also, any general pointers for a first "date"? I really want to make a good first impression.

Luke

2. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Best suggestion I could give is just try to relax, have fun and be yourself.

3. SomeNights

^ agreed, funny that I just asked about said guy on your wall! lol

4. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And I'll add, don't sweat the kiss thing. The first kiss is usually awkward....even if both people are 'experienced' kissers.

5. Jim

Jim

Pretty much what inthedark4eva said. The only advice I have when it comes to kissing is do what feels natural. Also tilt your head to the side a bit to avoid nose smooshing. To avoid what I did on my first date (which sucked, much like the relationship that followed) if your date is looking at you a lot during the movie, it's likely that they want to kiss you. I sort of failed to notice that (how do you social cues) on my date and it was um awkward. So yeah, just enjoy yourself and have a great time!

6. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Luke, just relax and be yourself. Don't dont try and be someone you think the other person wants you be if that makes sense. Just go with the flow and enjoy yourself.