1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unrequited love?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by micstar615, Dec 19, 2012.

1. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This boy and I really liked each other, we talked everyday and got pretty attached to each other. But I couldn't take things further due to my family situation. My family situation is better (not great but better) and I'm willing to start over again with him. But he moved on already. I spent days thinking about him and only him and he's already checking out other guys! I know it's not 100% his fault but I feel like crap. I really liked him. What do you guys think? Have you been in any similar situations?

2. TroubledRyan

Well, unfortunatly, there is not much more you can do. He saw the situation going no where, and did what people do - moved on. You can always try talking to him, but I doubt that would work too well. You never know though.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The thing about breaking up with people is that it can change their minds/feelings pretty quickly - and sometimes pretty irreversibly. Most relationships feature confusion at the beginning ("will he like me?" "what kind of present will he like?") and end ("why didn't he talk to me about this?" "why is he acting so different now?"), and the type of closure that we often want very seldom gets delivered. Why is he checking out other guys now? It's impossibly hard to say.

What is happening, though, is that you're still emotionally investing in him, while he isn't doing the same with you. It's natural for one person to move on/move forward/etc. first, but the choice you have to make at this point is whether you want to continue to invest in him knowing that he's not doing the same. It's sad that it didn't work out - and I do feel for you - but if it didn't, then it didn't.

Try to focus instead on what you got out of this. The situation with your family was bad, and now it's better. Even if incentive to make that change was the only thing he had to offer you, it's a pretty important thing to have.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Moving on is so hard... especially when the other person moves on without you first. :frowning2: Yes I have experienced something like this.

5. micstar615

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is exactly it. I still am emotionally invested in him. He was the first person to make me feel good about myself. But you're right, there's no point if he's already checking out other guys. I learned a lot from my experience with him. I know I put him through a lot too, but deep down I had faith things would work out.

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2012 at 09:03 PM ----------

It sucks :frowning2:

---------- Post added 19th Dec 2012 at 09:04 PM ----------

I did and yeah that's exactly what he thought. I tried to make it go somewhere but he had already given up on me I guess.