1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am a lesbian but something is holding me back.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by always true, Dec 19, 2012.

1. always true

Hi!
    My name is Rebecca. I am so confused. I have always liked girls, since elementary. I have had dreams, fantasies, and crushes.

I have also had crushes on guys growing up, but I don't know if that is because I thought I had to. I had really strong feelings for guy maybe because he was my first. I have never been in a relationship before. I have had sex with two guys. I didn't like it. I sometimes think I only did it was because I was finally getting some attention from someone. I don't really get men and they kind of annoy me.

I have always been so close to women. I always check out women. When I picture myself cuddled up on the couch, it is with a women.

I have been a tomboy since day one. Hate dresses. Basketball short always. I am simple and like simple things.

I feel like I am talking myself into being gay.

WHAT DO YALL THINK?

2. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, Rebecca, welcome to the forums! :slight_smile: (*hug*)

Well, to start off, I would urge you that more than anything try not to feel like you must figure this out as soon as possible (or else). I know it's hard to do since it's your sexuality and it's really easy to want answers right now, but the fact is it's probably going to take a little while until you get any real answers about this. Figuring out your sexuality can be a gradual process for some people, and unfortunately none of us here can give you concrete answers because we're all different.

Buuuut... from what you've said so far, I do think that it's possible that you're a lesbian. I'm also in the middle of figuring out what I am, and I can relate to having guy crushes when I was younger but not knowing if it was because I actually liked them or because I was just going along with my friends. :confused: I talked about this before in another thread, but I think one big clue to think about is how you act around men. When men want to get close to you in a sexual or romantic way, how do you react? Do you avoid it? Do you get nervous? What is it about men that annoy you?

3. ameliawesome

i agree with Thieves ^ there's no rush, but your story sounds similar to mine, and i know that i am not at all interested in a romantic relationship with a man.

4. always true

Thanks for replying! Umm Thieves. I am just awkward around men. They are persistent and keep, so I finally give in. The first time, I was curious about what all the hype was about. The second time I literally just waited for him to get off of me.

The annoy me because they are just rude, cocky, and disrespectful. They are just gross. Ugh.

I am worried that when I finally get with a women I won't know what to do.
    haha.

I am out to most of my friends, some cousins, and a aunt.
    All my friends are straight so they don't what I am going through.
    I don't know who to talk to.

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way lol

Right now I'm 100% exclusively attracted to women sexually and strongly prefer women romantically and may have always been this way, but I did have a big crush on a guy in 8th grade so sometimes I wonder if I'm bi... but I'm not attracted to men at this time and I never thought of him sexually... it was just like puppy love... Nobody believes me though and they think I was in love with him lol

6. toboymi

Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't know how I relate to this post. I'm basically struggling with it.
    Sometimes I think I'm totally lesbian, sometimes I feel I'm only curious.
    I don't like the way men behave but i've never been with a girl before.
    I'm really nervous and I don't see a way out of this uncertainty.
    Hope you figure it out. X

7. ameliawesome

haha doesn't it blow your mind how somebody can try to tell you a story about your own life? hahaha it's funny, but also frustrating, right? ultimately it doesn't matter, though. but ugh, lol.

8. always true

Omg you guys don't understand how happy it makes me to have someone to relate to and that to about these things.

---------- Post added 20th Dec 2012 at 04:21 AM ----------

*someone to talk to about these things