1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for the lesbians out there...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nemo39122, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Nemo39122

So, here's the problem. I'm (biologically) female, I identify as bisexual and have for many years. Never really questioned that until the past few months. Once I started letting myself stop denying my identity I started noticing I have a much stronger attraction to women romantically. I never thought much of it, I realized most bisexual people aren't 50/50 as far as attraction. Physically, I am probably more attracted to men. But I can't really see myself in a relationship with a guy. Sometimes I think this is because I likely identify as male, and really can't see myself in a female role (whatever the hell that is) in a relationship. I guess the stereotypical hetero relationship just doesn't feel right to me. Now if I was a guy, with a guy, that doesn't seem as awkward to me...which makes me think this is an issue of orientation and gender identity. Yaaay :bang:

ANYWAY,

My question is: do any of you still feel attracted to men physically (or really any way), but still identify as lesbian? If so, how did you realize that?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

2. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, for me, I'm starting to realize that I lean much, much more towards women -- definitely physically. What I mean to say is that I don't really go out of my way to look at men or be close to them, while I do go out of my way to look at women, you know? I don't necessarily identify as lesbian yet, but I do admit that I still find a certain type of men attractive. But it's kinda rare to come across the ones that I feel like that about.

It feels like more of an after-thought than anything, where if I see a man who I do find attractive, it's like "Oh, okay. Well, he's really cute." :slight_smile: But if I'm looking at an attractive woman in real life or in pictures, I always imagine what she would look like naked, what I would want to do to her... :icon_redf etc., haha. I don't really have a lot of those thoughts when I see an attractive man. And it kind of feels weird to picture being with them. Anyhow, that's just my two cents for what it's worth :slight_smile:

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a crush on a guy in 8th grade... and if guys are nice to me I feel warm and fuzzy. I don't identify as bisexual even though I'm open to both genders romantically (strongly prefer women though) if they're a nice person. I'm only physically attracted to women right now though, but if I meet a nice guy I'd be open minded and if I for whatever reason was attracted to him, I'd date him just as I would a girl. :slight_smile:

I'm a Kinsey 6 though so I don't see men really "doing it for me" for awhile if ever. ^_^'

4. oblina

I don't feel physically attracted towards them, but I still can tell if someone is cute or not. Like 'DANG THAT WAITER IS CUTE" and my girlfriend does it too. She even comments on boy butts because its "safe booty" because I don't get jealous :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But thats only because we don't want them.

And strangely I'm still aware of how I act around guys that are attractive and don't know I'm gay at first, like I know they still consider me a straight woman, its weird, but thats probably just me and my social anxiety :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Amelie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi,

I think perhaps I am, although in a different way to women. It's funny because when I was younger I wasn't attracted to guys at all, I just didn't get it. But now I'm older (27), I am more attracted to them. But I do find that when I'm attracted to a girl, it's all of me, and it's like I'm actively attracted to her. Whereas with guys, I always think it's a passive attraction, ie. I think I am attracted to guys when I know he is attracted to me, it's like I like being wanted and that gives me a buzz which I mistake for desire. But I'm not really "present", at least not in all the active aspects of me. If that makes sense?!