1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

facebook chat with crushes?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nate16, Dec 20, 2012.

1. nate16

Hey there. For a while Ive been wondering what people think of facebook chatting their crushes. I'm in college and I have one. I've talked to the guy in person briefly twice now. I dont share any classes or clubs with him. As far as I can tell from eye contact etc, there is some level of attraction. I finally was like "what the hell," and shot him a message after a month of not vocally communicating with him. We chatted for a few, but some of his responses had some large spans of time in between. However, he seemed to keep the convo going and apologized that he was in the middle of consoling another friend who was experiencing a lot of unpleasant stuff. Idk what to think...I told him to hmu whenever. hmm what do you think about messaging crushes and this situation? Thank you!

2. GayforGuys

I'm actually in a pretty similar situation, except I've not got the balls yet to talk to him :astonished:
    If he didn't like you at all, he would ignore you. That's good.
    Does he always have these long pauses, or was it just once?
    Why not try and hang out in person at some point and try and strike up a good friendship, so that talking to him on Facebook more commonly wouldn't seem a little strange - if that makes sense.

3. nate16

hi. his pauses ranged from like 2 mins to 45 lol. The 45 mark was when he apologized about his friend and consoling him/her. I said it was fine. hell, I'd love to talk to him in person again and to hang out. just nervous because he's in a different social group etc. I do have some connections though. Friends of friends, that sort of thing. I just wanna get a better vibe of him and what his intentions are. I'm a cautious person lol. I thought that chatting at least once on facebook over break could break some of the communication ice and get things a bit more comfortable. I'm aware that in person communication is best. Im hoping that internet reaction will make in person relations easier and more comfortable.

-oh and he's into both sexes. forgot that bit.

4. BudderMC

Well, this isn't really high school - don't worry about him being in different circles, in college people are pretty well mature enough to hang out with whoever they feel like.

If you're interested in him, he's single, and he knows you're available... there's no sense in not letting him know that. Ask him to hang out - that's basically what a date is anyways. :slight_smile:

5. GayforGuys

I was actually about to ask about his orientation, well there you go dude!
    At least now you know he's bisexual. That's a huge factor.
    Definitely try hanging out in person, whether it be through a friend. Though I would, if I were you talk some more on Facebook before suggesting hanging out properly.
    Do you know if he's in a relationship at the moment btw?

6. FunnyMonkey

I think by him wanting to keep the conversation going is a really good sing.
    maybe tell if you looking for a workout buddy ? or something like that so you can spend more time together.

Do you have any classes next semester together ?

7. Pat

Pat

Lol. For some reason, I find FaceBook to be way more formal than an app.. so it's good. I did message a guy from the gym that was very handsome and seemed flirty, BUT.. he's straight I think and 17. So no go. I figured he was at least 19 lol.

8. Ticklish Fish

I have.. back in HS lol.

now I am trying to see if I don't message my crushes, if anything will happen lol

(i am in college now)

9. nate16

thanks guys. He's single atm. I decided to wait and see if he contacts me since our chat last night. I had left the door open by saying that he could hmu whenever. Would it be bad if I messaged him again? If I were too, it would be at a much later date...I dont wanna come off as creepy lol.