1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Crushes uggh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayforGuys, Dec 20, 2012.

1. GayforGuys

So just done talking to this guy I've been crushing on for a while.
    Finally grew a set and struck a conversation up. It went well but I got the vibe he was straight, which sucks.
    It's good in a sense because I can talk to other cute guys and not hold back because I think this guy may be gay.
    But how do you guys/girls deal with these sorts of things? :dry:

2. Still dealing with it! Problem is he is my best friend of almost a decade. He took it extremely well, so I have to be thankful just to keep him as such a good friend. Gotta look elsewhere for love that can be returned. Really sucks because he literally is the greatest person on the face of the Earth, at least in my eyes.

3. aeva

Straight crushes definitely suck. I was in love with my straight coworker for about 2 years (although we'd worked together for 9), and it was so painful, especially because she was in an extremely abusive relationship for the duration of my interest in her. I'm talking about insane amounts of money being stolen, slashed tires, being held at gunpoint, knife point, black eyes, shattered cheekbones, serious stuff. She'd call me crying or come into work all bruised up, and I so badly just wanted to hold her, and kiss her, and keep her safe. But she kept going back to this same guy for two years.

The only things that helped me move on were time and distance. It's been a few months since I've been away at school, and even though I think about her every now and then, my feelings for her have greatly diminished. I don't think I'd have been able to move on if I had continued to see her every day, because even though her abusive relationship has finally ended, she is 100% straight and I would never have had a chance with her.

4. Salazar

I just try to keep my mind off it. It sounds futile for the first few days, but once your past those you stop noticing!

5. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't found a way to deal with it. I once had a friend I had a huge crush on and just stayed friends with her without telling because just being around her made me happy. Sounds kinda pathetic. :/

6. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the only thing worse is "yet to be proven not str8" single guys who randomly yet repeatedly ping your gaydar, especially the ones who are awesomely all around nice guys... ugghhh....

7. Lewis

It would be easier for me if the guy I liked didn't give me reason to believe he's not straight when he's drunk. Yet when he's sober, he's 100% straight. I don't know how to handle it because he's my best friend, so I either throw that away and distance myself from him or I carry on being his friend and let these feelings grow stronger...