1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is all new to me and I dont know what to do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DancingGrape, Dec 20, 2012.

1. DancingGrape

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a 21 year old girl and have always likes/been with guys. Always. Have never had a desire to be with a girl.
    But in the past couple of months, I met this girl. She is gay and she has kind of fallen for me. I have told her that it would never happen because I'm not gay etc...
    But now, it's strange because I think I DO like her. I find myself looking up her facebook profile all the time, waiting for her to come online.
    I saw her out last night, she was kissing this girl and it actually got to me! Whats going on in my head!? I have never thought of another girl like this ever and still just attracted to guys!
    Can anyone shed some light?

2. PinkTractor

Hi,

First thing? Don't panic! You're okay, I promise. Take a few deep breaths, and then just think about what I'm going to say. Remember that your skull is not see-through. No one can tell what you're thinking unless you tell them. This means it's okay for you to think and feel anything you want to about this girl, and this situation, and these new feelings you are having. Don't try to squish them out of fear. Just let your self ponder, and feel, and daydream and maybe do some PRIVATE journaling about what goes through your mind, and the feelings you have. Then after you have had a little time to let yourself live with these thoughts, questions, scenarios, you might find yourself a bit more clear on whether or not you want to share any of this with someone else--someone here, or a friend in real life you can absolutely trust.
    There is nothing wrong with discovering you can be attracted to more than one gender of person. You may be a person who is attracted to the personality, regardless of the gender of body it lives in. You may be bisexual, with leanings to either end of the spectrum. You may be straight, and just curious. My point is that all of these things are okay things to be. Don't worry because you are going to learn new things about yourself. Go at your own pace, listen to your feelings and instincts. Read some blogs, watch a little lesbian-themed television or movies...and most of all be kind to yourself. Treat yourself with as much compassion as you would if your very best friend came to you confused over this situation. Like I said....you're going to be okay!(*hug*)

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you're questioning, but it could also just be jealousy. Even if you weren't sexually attracted to her, you were flattered by her feelings for you, and got used to the attention. I don't mean that in a bad way, knowing someone likes you is flattering. So now, when you see her with another girl, you're jealous of her giving affection to someone else. It's perfectly natural.

I think the distinguishing point in this case is that if you truly have sexual feelings for her, if you feel aroused by women, then I'd say you're questioning. If all you feel is obsession and some jealousy, then you're probably straight, just open-minded.

4. DancingGrape

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pink Tractor. That made me relax a lot. I'm still not sure which/what I am but will try what you suggested.
    Will also see this girl again tonight (she is a friend of a friend and is coming out with us tonight) and I will see how I feel around her this evening.
    My friends all know that she likes me and they think it's so funny... I just dont want them to notice anything about me...