1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is their a reason???? (Sex)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I just wanna know cause its bugging me a little. I mean I think guys do think of sex more than girls do, regardless of sexuality, but don't quote me on that as I could be completely wrong.

The reason I created this thread is because I can't stop think about sex... And not just that but everything that comes with it (relationship, boyfriend, etc etc) and its not just sex but meaningful sex like when you truly love someone.

Why I'm I like this? :bang:

2. BudderMC

Because you're a lonely, young male. It's not exactly unheard of. Yeah, it sucks, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. :slight_smile:

3. Saviour

Saviour Guest

^ basically.

Personally, I only really start thinking about sex when I'm in a relationship. I'm just too terrified of acting upon my thoughts. But I also have to remember, I'm only 16 and sex can wait. xD

4. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *this may get a bit graphic, I apologize.*

In Psychology, I heard something along the lines that the huge (?) difference between men's and women's libido is kind of related to the social repression of women's sexuality along the centuries, and how their respective genitals ..kind of.. work... I guess

Like, since a very early age the guy can see his genitals, and touch them. Girls don't and they are usually repressed when they try further contact with their own genitals. There it goes, the libido is somewhat suppressed in girls, and have been since a long time in history.

Thats just a theory to justify why guys usually think more about sex. Maybe its a completely somatic thing...

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. I guess

I'm not worried about it. Just curious haha

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

That makes sense I suppose

6. birdy

Girls definitely think about sex too. I think it might vary in degree a lot more with girls, though.

7. barca

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Both guys and girls think about sex a lot! Nothing remotely wrong with you. :icon_bigg

8. Jim

Jim

Men tend to have higher libidos, as in evolutionary terms, they would want to spread their genes as far as possible, so how do you do that? More sex. Women however, have more maternal, child rearing natures, and don't tend to need to spread their genes like men do.

This is apparent in many other species. Take hippos for example. There's usually one main male hippo, who impregnates all the women he can. If another male comes along, they'll fight to win the right to be alpha.

If the high libido men have wasn't present, we'd end up like pandas who are dying out because they're not horny enough, basically..

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My hypothesis is that sexual activity is cheap and easy for guys. Our equipment is right out there to be rubbed on and stuck in anything we please. Girls have it a little harder in that respect.

Furthermore, guys are not naturally limited by sexual activity like females are. While we can pump n' dump with few consequences (STDs and societal shaming notwithstanding) a girl can get pregnant, and then has to deal with the pregnancy and baby somehow. She has a lot more invested in relationships.

10. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please teach a sex-ed course. You would be like the Will Ferrel of health education xD

11. GingerGuy

I don't really have a very politically correct opinion about this, so I think it's better not to say anything. However, I really dislike the "evolution and biology explain it all" theories that are being used recently to justify pretty much all aspects (and specially the negative ones) of human behavior. I refuse to believe that we are just born a certain way and there's nothing we can do to change it (or convince others to change the way they think) afterwards.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I once heard gay men think about sex every eight seconds compared to the 16 seconds straight men think about it...but pretty sure it's not a scientific study...and I could be wrong as it is lol

13. GingerGuy

Wow, I wonder how they did this study. I didn't know telepaths are so common in cientifical institutions. And guess what? They are always carrying watches, even when invading someone else's mind.