1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like a giant Scrooge this year.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BudderMC, Dec 21, 2012.

1. BudderMC

Seriously. Usually I'm gung-ho for Christmas, but this year I couldn't care less. I mean, I have no Christmas spirit, no desire to be home for the holidays, no desire to receive gifts, little desire to give gifts.

It's bugging me because usually I'm not like this. So when I'm feeling down and can't even get into the swing of things when it's something I'd usually like, it bums me out even more.

Meh.

2. ClassicRock

Ever see The Town? That's my town. Charlestown.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't say that! Christmas is a time of happiness not sadness! There are always little things u can do, but don't let ur lack of spirit get in the way! Go buy a candy cane and watch the grinch or eat something wintery! Like hot chocolate or gingerbread! Pad around ur house in some fuzzy sox. Write a letter to Santa even tho ur 21...

3. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I feel like a Scrooge myself this year. My mom keep threatening to take away Christmas if we don't do all this stuff and I honestly don't really care. No one ever asked me what I wanted so I probably won't get anything I like. Plus I haven't come out to my family yet so I feel like I can't really be myself. I wish I could just hide in my room all day on Christmas but I know my mom would get mad and offended. So, I guess I just have to pretend to be happy.

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My grandmother passed away on the 8th of December, my BF is in Italy and my family have all but cancelled Christmas because they're still in mourning...so, yeah, though our reasons may be different, I totally get what you feel.
    Bah humbug!

5. ameliawesome

some years i feel that way. and this particular year there has been a lot of heartache close to christmas, which has made it tough for me to maintain my holiday cheer. you're allowed to coincidentally feel down during holiday time. maybe your mood will pick up if you do something festive. maybe you'll feel more festive next year. i hope you have a merry christmas anyway, and a happy happy happy new year!

6. RainbowMan

I feel this way too. With all the stuff that I'm going through right now (just admitting my sexuality to myself and desperately wanting to be happy) I've made up excuses why I'm not going home for the holidays (which are true, but not the entire story) to be with family. I can't bear to accidentally say or do something that would give away what I'm going through, AND I'm broke (which is the excuse I used).

Strangely, now I'm feeling bad that I'm not seeing my family, even though this was my choice. I'm a bit messed up, I know.

7. EmHw

I wish I could but my mum gets so stressed this time of year and I always feel guilty but this year with everything I'm not feeling it and I can't even get away from it all. Can't wait till I can use University as an excuse.