1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date update!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Luke Matt, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Luke Matt

So we (myself & let's say Mr X) decided to meet up yesterday & he ended up coming back to my house. We had a pretty good time (e.g. played some Xbox LIVE, watched a movie & a little bit of television), well, until my sister came home. Urgh, she literally blabbed on for like 2 hours (and at that point I could see Mr X was getting a little tired of it) & even started pointing out my flaws (that I'm a little bit introverted, I don't go out THAT much etc). Then her BF came over (as if this was some kind of gathering) and it just got progressively worse. I can't even begin to explain how embarrassed I felt..

Eventually they went back into their room though and I was apologizing to Mr X/offering him food etc and he kind of just laughed it off. He ended up staying the night because he lives a little while away (we slept in separate beds; I thought it would've been a little awkward if we shared mine on the first "date"). He still wants to see the Hobbit on Tuesday so it looks like I didn't scare him away after all.

Note to self though: never invite Mr X over when my sister and her friends/BF are around.

Urrrrrrgh, I swear it felt like she was TRYING to scare him away.

I'm actually quite annoyed right now; in fact, I think I'm going to give my sister what-for when she wakes up. Maybe even..come out?

2. ForceAndVerve

Wow! OK, could have gone better but still...great news! :grin:

Here's hoping you don't bump into your sister at the cinema. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Coming out of anger isn't always the best scenario - however I can relate to your frustration...
    If this relationship develops further, one of these dates watch the movie "Trick" with your Mr X, there's a funny scene with the clueless female roommate and her boyfriend that sounds like your post, hopefully you'll both remember that day and laugh it off :wink:.

4. SomeNights

Next time, just start making out with him....she'll either take the hint or ask to join(<.< >.> .....awkward)

Glad to hear it went well though!!