1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manoeuvring in Beer Goggles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Willjarvis, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Willjarvis

I met this chap the other night when I was at least tipsy and I'm asking what you think those kinds of feelings are and what I should do with him. There was a time about a year ago when this happened quite often and I felt it was impairing my interactions with men, so some good suggestions might really help my social life.

We were introduced during my third Guinness, which is normally a lot for me. After very briefly discussing each other degree courses, which were fairly similar, and possible career plans, we didn't really discuss much beyond swapping names in music i.e. what do you think of x, how does what's playing now compare to y etc. So I don't know much about him, but I seem to think everything about him is great, including things I'd have thought I'd find disagreeable if anything. I was pretty much focussed on him for the rest of the evening, even after our groups went to separate clubs. I was even doing that ridiculous non-volitional act of body language where one bites one's finger when I was thinking about him, but not looking at him. But that might be because I was blowing it out of proportion. I don't particularly remember what he looks like, aside from his eyes which have an unusual feature that encourages one to look at them when speaking to him.

Do you think that could be platonic? I'm fairly shallow in some ways, so I tend to be a bit shocked when I like someone new and I don't know what to make of it. One thing that sets him aside from others I've seen that way is that I could probably see him again over the holiday and maybe even regularly after that.

What do you think I should do? I see no reason why I shouldn't try to make friends with him, but I feel like I might come on a bit strong if I'm not careful. I don't know if it's a crush, but I suspect so, as you can see. Chances are he wouldn't reciprocate it, but that could said for most fellows of course.

2. ForceAndVerve

How was he with you? You haven't really told us about how he acted around you.