1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing guy… again.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MichaelB, Dec 22, 2012.

1. MichaelB

Right, well I’ve already made a thread about it but it just made me look like abit of a stalker… haha, but yeah, stuffs happened so I’mma risk it and look like a stalker again xD.

I met him on Halloween, long story short he kept staring at me, hugging me and I just got the general vibe from him. I really did. Later added him on facebook, he accepted but he’s never on chat, plus I find it weird when people you don’t really know talk to you on chat, so I thought that was it. Kinda got over it, stopped thinking about him a few weeks later and told myself nothing would come of it.

Then I saw him at the train station. He was with a fairly large group of friends, and I was on my own, so I tried to reframe from looking at him ‘cause.. well, slightly intimidating really haha. Anyway but once again I noticed that he kept staring at me again. At this point I thought it was abit suspicious; on Halloween I had black spray paint hair in and white eye contacts. My closest friends were literally asking ‘is that Michael?’, so I thought it was kinda weird that he recognised me. Again, no major event so I let it pass thinking nothing really of it.

And then two weeks ago, I went to a student party and he was there. I wasn’t really in the mood to be out, so I was in a bare bad mood. But once again, he was non-stop staring at me. My friend even noticed it so it isn’t in my head >.>… but I saw him get with two different girls that night. I went home pretty early so nothing happened.

While there though I lost a ring, and I thought ‘hey, could be the moment to create awkward contact through facebook’. I messaged him being like ‘hey, don’t suppose you found a ring?’, and he replied nice enough but it seemed quite obvious he didn’t want the conversation. He was nice and everything, but his reply was rather blunt and he didn’t reply to my awkward small talk of ‘oh well, suppose it isn’t a good night till you lose something, cheers anyway. You have a good night anyway?’, so felt fairly awkward about that. Again, at this point I had ruled him off and told myself just to forget about him.

But I went out last night, and surprise surprise, who was there. (well, ironically I invited him on the event ‘cause I invited about 100 or so people. He was the first to reply though and replied in about 2 minutes, but I doubt that means anything >_>). Now this time, I was amazingly drunk, to the point where I did A LOT of stuff that I regret (pretty sure my drink was spiked not gunna lie). But once again, I remember him staring a lot at me. In fact when I first saw him, it was in the pool table room and he was playing pool, he looked up and over shot his aim in almost… surprise at me? >_>.

Anyway, and since I was so drunk, I’m pretty social. I pretty much went straight over to him, he ignored me, and I went and sat with his friends. Me and his friends got talking and yeah, we got on really well. Spent pretty much the whole night with them, and during it he ignored me non-stop while continually staring at me. Like I thought that was pretty weird? His group was about 15 people, and they were all talking to me and then there was him, completely ignoring me and it seemed like almost avoiding me. We then went dancing, all his friends joined in and he refused so I was kinda like ‘come on don’t be boring’, and he just looked at me in mild disgust and sat down on his own. >.>

In retaliation to being ignored, I got with a girl… and then a guy. D:. I don’t think he noticed at all, or wasn’t bothered, so clearly that again isn’t a good sign…

While walking home from town, I apparently messaged him. I’ve yet to read it, I think I’d probably cringe myself out too much, but I remember my mood while writing it…and I was pretty f*cking angry, I can remember being like ‘RIGHT THAT’S IT I’M DONE WITH HIM’. So ye, it’s probably not a good drunk message and I just awkwardly typed ‘lol sorry wrong person’ without even reading it. He hasn’t replied to either messages, which is definitely… not good, right? Like if I got that from someone I don’t really know, I’d probably laugh and be like ‘haha no worries seriously’, and my friend agrees that it’s definitely not good/kinda weird that he hasn’t replied at all… >.> so I now look like a major stalker ontop of everything ahaha

So this situation is just too much for me to handle or decode. I think I’ve narrowed it down to two options in that he’s either straight but stares a lot, which… I don’t think is true. I don’t know, I think eye contact is a big deal, and he’s made a lot of eye contact. But then that could just be me and he really is straight and stares a lot... Or he is gay but in the closet (he’s very masculine, does every sport going apparently and all his friends are blokes). But if this was true, then why doesn’t he reply to me on facebook? I dunno, if I was in his situation I think I’d WANT the other guy to make the first move? Plus if it is this option and he clearly doesn’t give positive feedback on facebook, I have no other means of contacting him (our friends circle interlude a little, but not loads. It’s likely I’d see him like one night per month…), so this option seems like a loss to me too. If he is gay/bi/whatever, he clearly hasn’t accepted it and I’m not in a position for him to talk to me about it.

It’s not looking good, I know. I think I just need an opinion on what to do and have the majority tell me he’s straight and I need to move on. Especially since nothing’s happened, it feels really silly of me to be this worked up over awkward eye contact really. ¬.¬. So if this happened to you, what would you make of it? :slight_smile:

oh and if it's relative, he seems very conscious about looking feminine. Every so often he comes up on my news feed with drunk photos or something, and someone would comment being like 'omg you look so gay haha' and he'd get abit defensive and be like 'Definitely NOT gay...'

#1 MichaelB, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. ForceAndVerve

Firstly may I recommend you read THIS thread. Coz I think your expriencing the same thing. My diagnosis: He's an alien who think's your a suitable specimen for their experiments, coz that's the only logical explanation lol. :lol:

3. cliffhanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    haha, when I read this thread I was like "whoa, similar situation with me".

----

I guess eye contact doesn't mean as much as you or I think.

Really, what's up with these guys? Seriously, if you're not interested, don't stare! Is that such a strange concept? Ugh, these kind of situations just don't make sense to me.

The fact the he ignores you when you're around, I think is actually in your favour, as if he's nervous or something. But I don't wanna put anything in your head, because overall, like you said, it doen't look good.

Do you like him? Or are you just interested because he's shown interest in you? If it's the latter, just forget about him and move on. He's either straight and weird, or in deep denial.

4. MichaelB

On a superficial level, yes I do. I know it sounds cringey but literally a week or so before I met him, my friend asked me to describe the perfect looking man, and he really does seem to tick like... 90% of the boxes.

However the more I get to know him, the more I'm put off. He doesn't seem to be the nicest or friendliest person in the world (or atleast, to me. He does make really happy/nice status's all the time though...) and I don't think I could deal with the baggage that would come if he is gay but that far into denial.

Plus I found out he's younger than me on Friday... I don't know why, but the moment I find out ANYONES younger than me, I get turned off pretty quickly. His facebook said he's studying at our towns university, yet there he was at the student party with an under 18 wrist band on... <.<

Well I think I know what I'm gunna have to do. It doesn't look good, does it? So I think I might as well move on and forget about him. Bit annoying though, in 2 years I've liked 2 guys (one being him), so... I guess I'll probably be in this position in another year then :lol:

---------- Post added 23rd Dec 2012 at 01:21 PM ----------

oh and yeah, it does seem like we're all in the same boat.

I don't understand though, I've always been taught and told that eye contact is a big indicator. So why do they do it if they're straight? ¬.¬

I mean, I'm quite a starey person too ironically, but mine only usually last about 4 seconds and I do it once or twice. His was seriously going on for 10+ seconds and he keeps continually doing it when ever I see him.

5. Pat

Pat

Hmm, I don't know man. He could be looking at you for all the wrong reasons. He could be wondering if you're gay for his own purposes, could just be suspicious. I don't know, don't make time for someone who doesn't make time for you. You've already opened up a line for communication, it's up to him to decide if he ever wants to take the bait. He seems pretty weird to me also, but not in a good way. So just be careful with pursuing this one. Every guy that i've even THOUGHT was gay showed genuine interest and actually liked me as a person lol. It's not even about sex or any of that stuff right now. This guy doesn't like or doesn't understand who you are for some reason or another right now if he's not willing to start a conversation with you. Move on but keep him on your FB, try him again in a 6 months or so, could be going through something. I tell everyone here, we can't out anyone. All you can do is be honest and upfront. So if it ever becomes discussion worthy, let him know you're bi. Eye contact is a big indicator, but there's a way to flirt with your eyes also. Don't chalk someone staring at you to it being more necessarily. Lol.. seriously, with this guy. I would call him out if I've really noticed him staring at me intently on more than two occasions. I would just start waving at him or start talking to him about it..being goofy usually does the trick. lol. I've been there man. A guy that seemingly wants nothing to do with you in the beginning but eventually you hit it off. I mean, Facebook is pretty good for bridging gaps with people. Like a few statuses, comment on some posts in his favor.. stuff like that can sometimes help the situation in person. I own a business and have an alias I guess you can say for myself, so I meet a lot of people through Facebook first and then when we meet in person, we're already cool.

#5 Pat, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  6. MichaelB

Haha, I did start to wonder that actually a few days ago. I tend to stare at people that I think are annoying/bit prickish... so... oops! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: haha.

Good advice, and yeah I know. I think I've given up at this point; it's clear he has some issues of his own and I don't know if I want to invest in someone that is gunna be a hassle (sounds harsh, I know... >.>). That's if investing was even an option, when he's made it clear that it isn't, so.

Well, in my defense, he was really nice and stuff on Halloween. I'm thinking that's probably because he was really drunk haha. Every time I've seen him since he's been sober. Maybe that's why he's warey of me? His 'gay' side came out pretty strongly on Halloween, so maybe he's worried I'm gunna like... expose him or something? >_>

Ah, that's really interesting. I might try doing what you do then :slight_smile:. Normally Facebook/Twitter and stuff just makes me awkward. I mean, it's not 'cause I'm self conscious because in real life I'm really talkative and social, but the whole idea of facebook/twitter and stuff just seems awkward to me so I rarely comment/like anything. I just feel like people would find it weird if a random person they barely know starts commenting on their stuff haha.

Anyway, I think you're right. I think I'm just gunna put him behind me and chalk it down to experience. It's just so frustrating though for me, it's rare I ever like anyone, and when ever I do it always seems to be the most complicated thing in the world haha. I suppose everyone feels like that though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Doesn't help that we live in a small-ish town too. Large enough for probability to dictate that we'll only see each other once a month, but small enough to dictate that we probably will see each other again. Bit self conscious of repeating Friday; I was so ridiculously drunk that he must seriously be thinking 'da faq, he's proper stalking me' haha.