1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to wait but she doesnt!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MatthewJS, Dec 22, 2012.

1. MatthewJS

I knew i shouldnt come out to my sister! I told her i MIGHT come out to them by xmas but i want to wait longer but she doesnt! She will be the biggest promise breaker EVER!

2. worriedWardrobe

Your sister has no right to tell anyone before you're ready. You should tell her that it is not her business to say anything. Let her know how it makes you feel

3. Salazar

Your sister has no right to tell your family, of course, but maybe she wants what's best for you? She probably wants you to be able to be yourself infringe of your family.

4. MatthewJS

Well eventually she is engage to a homophobe and this might please him. If she tells them, i will literally smack her on the face and she will know how much she hurts me!

5. Tycho

I had my sister ruin my coming out to my parents. You should really try emphasize how important it is that she doesn't say anything. Now I can't say anything to her as it seems to end up with my mom a minute later, so I have no privacy if I accidentally say anything about relationships etc. You need to set the record straight before it happens.

6. MatthewJS

You know what? I will let her. My parents will know how much not to trust her with important things! But i will try to stop her.

7. hello1992

Why do you think your sister wants to tell everyone so badly? Is she immature? Maybe ask her why??

You need to tell her straight that its your decision and your decision only and she has no right to say anything. You need to make her understand the importance of this decisions and how it could all go wrong if not said in the right way and the right time. Let her know of possible consequences if it goes wrong, maybe tell her of some bad coming out stories? Make her empathetic... Maybe even imply that if she does its such a big thing that you may hate her for it.

She shouldn't even force you to coming out. Your the one that has to bare the consequences, not her. Come out when YOU feel comfortable coming out.

Good luck!

8. MatthewJS

She just wants this over with. I cant stand her sometimes! She will eventually tell them no matter.

9. ptacub

ptacub Guest

In my honest opinion, she may have good intentions, but you need to be firm with her and tell her that she has no right to tell them. Do you have something you can use against her? If you do, give her an ultimatum, threatening to use it if she dares to out you. It may be cold, but hey, it'll work.

10. MatthewJS

Oh i got the perfect one! >:slight_smile:

11. MatthewJS

Thsnk god she didnt tell them!