1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm finally coming to terms with it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Saviour, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Saviour

Saviour Guest

My sexuality at least.
    After a long fight with myself about whether or not my sexuality was influenced by me being transgender, and deciding that it wasn't, I've come to terms that I'm okay with being gay and being transgender. Of course I still have a long way to go until I'm comfortable with being in my own skin, but it'll come eventually.

I dunno, I'm just glad I finally found this overwhelming peace that I can accept it and be proud of it now. :eusa_danc

Now if only my best friend/sister would come to terms with it and be my best friend again.
    :confused:

2. ptacub

ptacub Guest

It's great that you're now comfortable. One thing I've learnt is that life really is too short and one should be comfortable in one's own skin. I remember being 15 and crying myself to sleep because I struggled to accept myself, but now I'm the happiest I've ever been.

It'll come eventually, don't you worry. It takes a lot of self-reflection, self-analysing and time to start accepting oneself. Do it at your own pace, there is no rush.