1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think he may like me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Divopix, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Divopix

Hey everyone. This is my first post on here and I'd really like to know what you guys think about my situation. I don't really believe in labels, at least not for myself. This whole outlook on things is really new to me actually, and I've only started to not giving a crap about what people think at the beginning of this year. I'm attracted to whoever I'm attracted to I suppose, and I guess I just like whoever I like. So far it's been a lot of girls, and I've only ever kissed one guy (although I've done a lot more with girls) but I'm open to anything.

Now here's where I need your opinions. I started this year at a new school with a lot of new people I've never met before and over the months I have began to gain new friends. This one guy (who I guess you could say is my actual first kind of guy crush?) and I have gotten "close" over the past months and last night he and my other friend stayed over for the second time. The first time it was rather normal, accept he did listen to some of my problems and we talked a lot during then night. Last night, however, it was a bit different. I've noticed (even before I started to gain interest in him) that he stares at me a lot. I've looked around and he always is looking at me and then quickly looks away. So, last night there was a lot of touching and stuff, and he ended up sleeping in my bed. We got a little drunk before, and while laying down he turned around and just stared at me for a long while (seemed like a long time, most likely 30-40 seconds) and then he turned around and pulled my arm around him. He's really really shy so I don't see him being the kind of kid who tries stuff like that just because. He wouldn't let me go actually, and through out the night when I woke up, we were always touching somehow and in the morning, we were actually holding hands. I kind of just brushed it off as him being drunk, but in the morning, there was just as much touching before and he played with my hair and my shirt a lot. After that, things just kind of changed. He texted me once he left and he was just really really out going and talked like we were really close. His friend has told me that he hardly ever talks about girls and he's never interested in them. He's never kissed a girl or done anything with a girl and he's never had a girlfriend. I'm not good with the whole "signs" things so I was wondering if these are little hints? He's staying over again sometime later this week, maybe we'll see how that goes. Stereotypically, he doesn't stick out as someone who is "gay", but I just really have this feeling, and not just because I'm interesting in him.

Sorry for the long post, I like to write :icon_bigg
    Share your opinions, I beg you :slight_smile:

#1 Divopix, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  2. Jameson

Yes, he probably does like you. Straight people don't get that physical and attached, so he probably does like you, like I said. That's all there really is to say about him. Other than that, I wouldn't be posting about "getting drunk", because:
    A. Your parents might see it,
    B. It's not safe to get super drunk with someone you don't know that well,
    and C. What's the good of getting so drunk you might not remember anything the next day?

3. Divopix

Don't want anyone getting the wrong idea—I shall remove that from my post. I probably should've waited a bit longer before I posted but I'm just really excited by all of this and I love knowing what people think :slight_smile:

4. integrand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the being drunk part is relevant because drunkenness tends to bring out the honesty in all of us. He was drunk and had no inhibition blocking him from what he truly wanted to do with you. I would say that this is a sign for sure. I look forward to hearing what else happens the next time he stays over. If more happens, then it is probably safe to say that he is into you.

5. SomeNights

If he's not gay or questioning from what you wrote I'd be shocked. Of course my gadar I pemanatly malfunctioning. If you guys are that close, just ask. Does he know your gay?

6. Divopix

We're not really close, but it seems as if it's that "different" kind of friendship if you know what I mean? I'm sure some of you have been in that stage where you have "that" friend and it just doesn't seem like it's a friendship, but rather something different. And that's how it seems with him, and it's the first time this has really happened. I'm not gay actually, and I haven't really felt the need to just out and say "I'm open to anything and I think a lot of guys are attractive and girls too" because I think most of them understand that from what I've told them.

So, no, I have not told him that I am "gay" but he does know I've kissed a guy before.

7. SomeNights

Well, if you have the courage and opportunity, talk to him. On a side note, what are you looking for out of it? Are you interested in him as well?

8. Divopix

I think I may just see how it goes for the next month or two. I'm not sure I'm really looking for a relationship with a dude? I really do like girls, but for me, I see girls as someone you can tell a lot of stuff to and to get really sexual and things. I find with guys, I like it better if you just sit and cuddle and what not? I don't really think of getting too sexual with some people.

But then again, there are those guys you see and you think to yourself "Holy shit, I'd do a whole lot to him" :icon_wink haha

9. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does sound like he could be interested or at the very least questioning his sexuality. Straight guys don't get that close and "intimate" no matter how low their inhibitions get from alcohol. If he tries something else the next time he sleeps over, then that would seal the deal in my eyes. :wink:

10. Divopix

I love hearing all of this! I don't know how to go about guys and it's really weird for me actually. I guess I am interested in him but not in a very strong way—yet.

The thing that really made me happy was in the morning after he was a bit drunk, he still made me put my arm around him and touched me quite a bit even with his other friend there.

I asked his friend before if he thinks that he could be gay, and he said that he could be, so I guess I'll find out!

11. worriedWardrobe

I seriously think that he's into you, just saying.

12. justlauren64

from what you said, it seems like there's a good chance that he's into you =)

13. Divopix

Keep in mind everyone that this dude is really shy. He just started talking to me a month or 2 ago, which is actually really cute but anyways. From the beginning of last night to the ending, he opened up a lot and was completely himself and it was really great. Don't know if it would be the situation where he would tell me he's interested or visa versa.

I may have a problem with being the one to say it, seeing as though I'm not as confident when it comes to guys.

14. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes you don't have to say much. Like the saying goes, actions speak louder than words. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If he does something flirty, go along with it. Or even you could initialize it if it feels right.

15. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be blown away if a guy did that and turned out to not be interested. I have never seen or heard of someone who is straight doing what he did with you. There is just only one way to interpret signals like that, and that's "I like you". A straight guy would just never do that, unless he was a major douche and was fucking with you (but even then, it would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry bizarre). Even when drunk, straight guys don't do that. Girls, maybe, since they tend to be much more touchy-feely with friends, but guys, no matter how feminine, just would not do something like that if they weren't gay and liked you. And not only that, but he was still touchy in the morning, and was really close to you when talking. The simplest explanation is that he likes you.

I would definetly give this relationship a try. You have the potential to have something most people only dream of, you guys are just so close :slight_smile:, he obviously feels a real connection to you. Since he didn't do anything sexual, despite being drunk, he obviously is not just looking to form a sexual relationship, but wants to be close to you as a person. The next time you hang out, if he seems the same, I would talk to him about things, and if you get around to admitting your feelings/asking the other out/kissing, I'd just tell him that you're interested in seeing where things go, but that you aren't sure whether you want that kind of a relationship with a guy.

Anyways, so don't pass this up. He sounds like a real gem, the fact that after you let him put your arm around him, he didn't pull a sleazy move like moving the arm somewhere else :wink: makes him sound like a great, thoughtful, person. He didn't ruin a beautiful innocent moment, that really stands out to me as someone special. I envy you dude, I wish I had someone like that :slight_smile:

16. SomeNights

*I wish I had the guts to start something. I always get to that point and freeze lol

Yeah I'd defiantly say he's interested, but you should really figure out what you want out of the relationship with him(friends or more) first. IMHO: You shouldn't lead him or anyone on if your not actually interested.

#16 SomeNights, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  17. Divopix

Great advice 4AllEterinity :slight_smile: Really appreciate it! I may not be able to go that fast, but I'll certainly keep all of this in my mind! He's so shy and awkward when he's not with us, but when he's with us he's extremely funny and outgoing, it's great!

SomeNights—what I can say for now is that I don't think either of us are expecting something out of it this quickly. If he is even a little interested, I'm sure it'll take him a while to figure something out. I would never lead someone on or play them, that's happened way too many time to me!

18. Divopix

Ahh guys I'm confused! He (along with our mutual friend) stayed over again and it was even better than before. The whole night we were cuddling and holding hands and just extremely close. We were a little tipsy but not too much. It wasn't like loose, nervous cuddling. It was really close and really tight and I don't know it was just nice.

Through out the night, I would wake up and he would be grabbing my arm to put it back around him and he's just really really cute. In the morning it was the exact same thing as the night before. (Can I add we were both in boxers and sleeping in the same bed)

The thing that drives me crazy is that he's socially awkward outside of his own group. He barely texts anyone, even his best friend. Some days he will text me and we'll have a conversation and other times it'll just be a one sentence text from him about something and sometimes I'll text him and I won't even get a reply...he's very confusing when I'm not with him in person.

So I guess I'm just anxious about where I go from here. I don't want to ask him if he likes me (all though all his friends think he does) and I don't want to say I like him because this is the first time I've actually been this infatuated with a boy and it's scary. I don't feel the need to tell him (if you must label it) that I'm bi because I strongly don't believe in labels. I think I've mentioned that he knows I've kissed a guy before and stuff but he also knows I've gone really far with girls so maybe that's stopping him from coming forward? Or maybe he simply likes to cuddle?

I read so many of these posts about "Does he like me?" and I don't want to be that guy who thinks they're reading into the right signs, when really there aren't any to read into. I don't believe these are usual straight guy things to do...at least they aren't the things me and my best friend do.

Please tell me I'm not just thinking about this too much and that he actually seems to be interested. He doesn't act like this to anyone else!

I'n just really confused by him. I can't stand this "innocent" *foreplay* maybe I should take it up a level next time he's spooning me in my bed? hehe

19. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cuddling, holding hands, and spooning in bed is most definitely not something straight guys do together. I would say it's pretty official that he at least has some kind of interest in you for this to happen on multiple occasions. Since you said he's pretty shy and awkward, I doubt he would be the one to truly initiate something or open up more about how he might be feeling. Taking it up a level does sound like a good idea. What exactly would you have in mind? Maybe slide your hand down his boxers? :wink: Haha j/k.

20. Throwawayy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow. You were right. Our situations are very very similar, except youre further ahead than me.

My best advice would be to get with him WITHOUT the mutual friend. Maybe you could see how he behaves around you without the third person there. Does this mutual friend prevent him from opening up more since he's shy? Or maybe you could open up to him in a one-to-one setting without the mutual friend there. Just a thought, but i know that sometimes a third wheel can make things less awkward, so maybe you do need that third person there. Not sure.