1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i do it? [advice]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NACHO, Sep 26, 2006.

1. NACHO

ok so last year i meat this guy who i thought it was the stupedest guy ever just because he was friends witha guy i didnt like. Because of that i never talked to him until this year. I have him this year in one of my classes and we seat next to each other. So we started talking and we have become good friends. I think we are like best friends now because we walk to classes together and we eat luch together. I think that we are best friends cuz he left his friends to hang out with me and my friends who he doesnt like that much so i think he likes me [ not that way though cuz hes straight ].

my problem here is that since i think we are close now, i dont whant lies to be beteween us. I've trusted him with others stuff, and he've donde that same. But i just cant tell him that im bisexual because weve talked about gay/bisexual people and he doesnt like them. He is the tipical straight guy whos homophobic.

so i need advice! should i do it or not? my friend karen [ the only one that knows about me beeing bisexual ] thinks that i should tell him, because even he says that we are really close friends, so if he left his friends to hang out with me is because he probably thinks that im cool. but im kinda sceard because what if he stops talking to me!? :icon_sad:

so yeah anny advice will help thanks

#1 NACHO, Sep 26, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  2. tired_of_lying411

I know I sound like a terrible little gay boy for saying this... but it IS my advice...

Kids in highschool dont understand bisexuality. Its a far more abstract idea than homosexuality... I feel like he may just break off the friendship to make things easy.

I know what you mean about having lies.. but the way I see it, its only highschool. Im puting off ALL comings out that arent mandatory until I graduate...

just my thoughts

3. NACHO

YES, I THINK YOUR RIGHT.
    IN HIGHSCHOOL I THINK EVERYONE IS JUST A FAKE PERSON. LIKE MY PARENTS HAD TOLD ME " YOULL FIND THE REAL FRIENDS IN COLLEGE BECAUSE YOU GUYS WILL SHARE YOUR PASION FOR WHATEVERY MAJOR YOU CHOSE, YOULL BE WITH THEM 24/7 AND YOU GUYS WILL HAVE FUN" AND I THINK THATS TRUE.

BUT I DONT KNOW IM JUST GOING TO TELL HIM BECAUSE IF HE IS REALLY MY FRIEND HE'LL UNDERSTAND IF NOT THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WILL DONT YOU THINK?

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!:thumbsup:

4. LorenzG1950

Hi Nacho,

It's understandable that you want your friend to know the "whole" you. That probably makes the risk worth taking. Better to find out now that you might lose him as a friend than at some later point in time when you've invested more of yourself and the friendship is much deeper in other ways. Keep in mind that he could return to his other pals and spread the word. You have to be the ultimate judge of whether a friendship is superficial or it's someone you can really trust.

Good luck!