1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help trying to meet someone!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FlameFeather, Dec 25, 2012.

1. FlameFeather

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey everyone!
    First of all i'm not desperate or something like that. :thumbsup:
    I just need help to talk with someone:
    There's a guy in my school who i know he's gay (don't ask me why, there are numerous things) and i want to talk with him, but i'm really shy XD I am not going to do something like ''Hey! I know you're gay! I'm bi! Let's be friends forever!''
    I swear I'm the shyest person in the world... I can't say Hello to someone i don't know (at all) :bang:
    I haven't come out to anyone yet (I think :confused: )
    So... Can someone give me tricks (I need them before school starts)?? :lol:

2. fluidity

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,
    How well do you know the guy? Do you have anything in common? I mean in terms of activities etc, I think it's a lot easier to talk to someone if you're part of a smaller group participating in a mutual hobby. (I met my ex at an LGBT bookclub for example, but if you already suspect he's gay then any club would work just as well to have an easy conversation starter).
    Or any mutual friends? Obviously not to use anyone, but if you're already friends with someone who knows him better than you then you'll be able to get into conversations easie.
    What is it you like about him? Is there anything you could casually compliment him on/ ask advice on?
    I hope that gives you some starting points.. its hard to suggest more without more information!

Ps. Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, first of all, do you two have anything in common? Try noticing if he's wearing anything that you like and say, "Hey, I like your shirt. Where'd you get it?" Or, even better, see if he has a cool phone or another electronic device and ask him how it works and that you're interested in getting one. Try to be humorous because that always keeps a conversation going (unless he's as dull as a paper bag).
    I've always met people by just being myself. By that I mean a complete goof-ball. People always laugh at my jokes for some reason. o.o

I guess after that all you have to really worry about is hinting to him that you like guys, which I hope he'll be able to figure out on his own.

4. FlameFeather

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hummm... I actually don't know him. I know he's in a Dance School, and I'm 99% sure that he's gay, he is in the same year i am, and he always have been in the same school i am. I have never talked with him, but i keep an eye on him sometimes (when i have nothing to do XD )
    I haven't seen him this year, and he's not in any special group. I think he hasn't came out yet.

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2012 at 09:07 PM ----------

Ahaha I'm always making people laugh too XD
    Thanks for the advices :grin: Maybe I'll try to talk with him using that methods XD
    Who knows? :grin:

---------- Post added 25th Dec 2012 at 09:10 PM ----------

Oh and BTW I remembered a really important thing!
    One of my Best Friends (a girl) is his Best Friend.
    How could i forgot this information! XD