1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Less Than Awesome Christmas

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LightningRider, Dec 25, 2012.

1. LightningRider

So the day started out pretty awesome.
    My Nan got me some mens briefs as part of my present.
    Her, my mum and my aunt all tried their hardest to use non-gender specific pronouns because even though they know I don't want to be referred to as a female, they're not quite there with calling me by male pronouns - which I'm okay with so far. :slight_smile:
    And then I was pretty excited when my Dad arrived to spend Christmas with me and my brother.
    However.
    It was extremely short-lived. He brought along his latest girlfriend who spent the whole time ignoring everyone and asking to go home (which is 4 hours away).
    Then he got the shits at me and started going off his head all because I said I needed a haircut cause my hair is getting a bit long.
    He went off yelling about how I NEEDED to grow my hair back to the length it use to be (down to my lower back) which I never really liked regardless. And he kept stressing that I was his DAUGHTER and I'm a GIRL.
    So yeah. That basically just ruined my entire day.
    Then to top it off he had the nerve to ask me to give him money.

There's not really much that anyone can do. This is just me ranting. :/
    Mostly I'm focusing on the good parts and being thankful for the fact that I only have to see my Dad on rare occasions.

2. JohnJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am glad you are able to focus on the positive parts of the day. Your Nan, mum, and aunt seem to be accepting and on your side. Nurture those relationships. As far as your dad goes, at lease you don't have to see him that often. This is a good place to rant. You will get a lot of feedback with many different takes on your situation.

I know Christmas is already over in Australia, but MERRY CHRISTMAS anyway.