1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think I should tell her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jvn95, Dec 25, 2012.

1. jvn95

Hey guys.

I was wondering about how soon you guys think is long enough before you tell your ex that you are gay.

I broke up with her in June of this year. I was still in denial with her and as soon as I came out to myself I broke up with her within a week.

I've told 8 people(plus someone who "found out") and I think she certainly has the right to know. I don't know how she would react though, I realize you guys can't really determine that because you don't know her, but to summarize, has it been long enough since we've broken up to tell her?

She's really cool, And I hope it would make us better friends. I hope.

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should definitely tell her.
    If I may ask, what reason did you give her for wanting to break up? She might think that you broke up with her because of something she did/didn't do. Some people tend to blame themselves when they get dumped. If you tell her that it's because you're gay, then she might feel at ease. ...unless she's still in love with you. >_<

3. SomeNights

I mean, yeah. if the reason you broke up with her was because your gay sure tell her and the sooner the better god forbid she get's it through the rumor tree. However, if she's not part of your life anymore then, honestly the harsh truth is: who cares? Why break open old wounds?

4. jvn95

She kinda is in my friend group. I see her quite a bit and everything.

I told her that it just wasn't working out. I mean, What can I say? I'm not flirting with any of her girlfriends and she never texted me back or called me back and her family always got in the way of us ever hanging out (really!).

So there is a very valid reason we broke up besides I found that I was gay. I will tell her the truth, she would for me. And even if she wouldn't I still need to come out one way or another.