1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heyyy :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lostinarainbow, Dec 25, 2012.

1. lostinarainbow

Out Status:
    All but family
    Ok so I'm new here, and mainly here looking for advice. for starters I will tell you guys that I am pansexual, but sometimes identifying as lesbian. I am a college freshman, and have been out to all but family since 7th grade. I am attracted mostly to femininity, whereas most people I know are attracted mainly to body parts. I have a wonderful girlfriend, who just happened to be born male. She has just started hormones a month ago (just so happened to be during our first date she took her first estrogen pill). we've been practically living together (stereotypical, I know) and she has 3 kids. I wanted to tell my family when I came home for Christmas, but when my mom met her and made jokes about her behind her back to me(she called her a bearded lady, among other things), I decided it was best not to tell her, I stood up for my girl, but decided my mom doesn't deserve to know if that is how she is going to act. it just feels weird having not only a significant other that my family doesn't know about, but an entire family. the longer I go on the weirder it seems. I seem to be getting more and more distant from my mother, which is weird because we use to be super close. now she feels ok moving from indiana to florida, without as much as my opinion, and not making room for me, just assuming I will find a place to go. I will probably not see her again for 6 months or more. do you guys think that I actually should tell her, or just live my life and not worry about it? I mean, does it matter whether or not she ever knows?

2. ohhsnapple

ohhsnapple Guest

It's normal to grow up and move away both physically and emotionally. You should tell her if YOU feel you should, otherwise it is not her business unless you choose to make it her business.

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I agree with snapple. It's really your call, you know your mother best.