1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't eat

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by channel48, Dec 26, 2012.

1. channel48

I've reached a point where I don't eat unless I have to. Like if my family is having dinner I'll join but at lunch we make our own meals and I just don't, I do the same at breakfast to. I might get like one small snack throughout the day but other than that I don't eat. I do this absentmindedly to. It's not that I forget to eat it' s that I'm just not, but I don't wanna stop not till I'm small enough. I'm not sure how small small enough is yet. A part of me is scared I'll never be small enough. :icon_sad:

2. Eli

Eli Guest

Hi there-
    Honestly, this sounds like you are well on your way to developing an eating disorder, if you don't already have one. I'm not trying to scare you, but EDs are vicious once they get so much as a foothold in your life, and I don't want to see anyone go down that road. If you feel you can, I would encourage you to talk with your family/whoever you live with. You don't need to go into great detail, just say that you are having some trouble being accountable for your eating and would like help making sure you eat.
    The other thing that might play into this is depression. I have lots of trouble eating unless someone places food directly in front of me when I'm depressed. What has helped is learning to make easy meals for myself. The less time to prepare, the more likely it is I will eat.
    I really encourage you to try either asking for help in making sure you eat or working on making your own simple meals. If you feel you can't do this, or it gets worse, get to a therapist asap. Seriously, if you stop this before it gets a hold on your life, it will be the best possible thing you can do for yourself.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you described is anorexia. No kinda-sorta about it; if you are withholding food in order to get smaller (and I don't mean limiting huge portions to regular ones), that is a real problem. I'm glad you recognize this is bad, though. People with anorexia NEVER see themselves as "small enough" and always feel chunky even if they are days away from death.

Please don't starve yourself! (*hug*) You are probably a beautiful girl, and even if there is a real problem with your weight, there are healthy ways to go about dropping some pounds.

4. Hexagon

I second what the others say, and add this: I knew a girl who had anorexia before I met her, and she had health complications as a result of it. The consequences of eating disorders go beyond losing weight. I don't know whether you actually need to lose weight or not, but if its important to you, then do it properly and safely.

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've got to eat. If you want to lose weight, you do it healthily, by limiting the size of meals, but still eating complete ones.

If you're not feeling hungry, despite eating this little, you have to go to a doctor. Lacking hunger is a medical issue, and will require treatment.