1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can a 18 year old guy find a date???? Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander69, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Alexander69

I'm so Lonley and I want a serious relationship not a quickie where do I find trust worthy guys that want a serious relationship!!!!

2. shovelman

I've been wondering that myself of course excluding online dating because the people could turn out to be creeps ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alexander, not to rain on your parade but... relationships -- ones worth having at least -- require time and effort to develop and maintain. But to have a healthy relationship, you first have to love yourself and be happy as you are. Otherwise, you get yourself into a very unhealthy situation where you make your happiness dependent on being in a relationship, and that's a guarantee of either an unhealthy relationship or one doomed to failure.

So I think a better question is... how can I start to develop a network of gay friends? And one answer is to find activities where gay men your age hang out. There are hiking clubs, book clubs, movie groups, and all sorts of other social activities where gay men meet to do things together. Any college near you almost certainly has an LGBT group on campus and starting there (even if you're not a student... most don't care) would be a great place.

But really think about what I'm saying. If you don't, you'll end up with a string of short relationships that don't end well. Put the time into learning to love yourself first, and when you do start to date, you'll be surprised how good it can be.

4. Alexander69

THank you!!! I will look in to these things!!!(*hug*)