1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whyyyy do I do this to myself?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by piratealisonnn, Dec 26, 2012.

1. piratealisonnn

I don't know how to start this so I am just gonna jump into it.

I feel as if I am more attracted to women. Though, when I am in public, I notice men more and think they're attractive. But when I am in private, I noticed women more. I don't understand this.. I am out to no one around where I live.

Maybe I feel uncomfortable in public and resort back to the social norm? Gahhhhhh!

2. wandering i

Is there anything problematic about being attracted to either sex?

3. piratealisonnn

Well, no, not to me there isn't. Though, I feel as if I can't come out because my mom believes bisexuality is wrong. Being gay is fine, being straight is fine, but "there is no such thing as being bisexual and no scientific proof."

Soo, I can talk about being attracted to men because no one knows I am bi. Therefore, it confuses me as to if maybe I'm only attracted to women because it's a secret? Does that make any sense?

4. animequeen567

It's possible in bisexuality to be attracted to one sex more than the other. Although, it could be that maybe you're just worried about what people think in public so you just start looking at males only and when you're alone you feel more comfortable looking at women.

5. integrand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I'm definitely feeling is that you are probably more comfortable expressing your same sex attraction privately because it's not as socially acceptable. When and if you do ever come out, you'll probably grow to be more comfortable expressing what you are really attracted to publicly. :slight_smile:

6. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is kinda similar to what happens to me, except I also look at women in public. When I'm in private though, all I can think about it women. I have thought I might be bi, I don't think that there is anything wrong with being bi, but I have decided that I am almost completely gay. When there aren't any hot women around, I just resort back to looking at men. I have think that it is basically that I can easily identify a hot guy, but I'm not attracted to that 'hotness.' I just think he looks nice.

7. piratealisonnn

You put that into words perfectly. I can identify attractiveness in guys very easily but don't ever really feel attracted to them..