1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met a girl yesterday & I got a problem

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wired106, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Wired106

There is this girl that I hang out with sometimes and we go out to breakfast with friends and do other stuff. One of her friends wants to go out with me and I like her a lot because shes like super nice but I don't want to go out with her. She's really nice and I talked to her for a long time last night and I found out that she lives like 10 minutes walking from my house! She's also really attractive and some of my friends know about her and that she wants to go out with me. The thing is though that I don't feel the same way for this girl as I do for guys... obviously. If I ignore her and don't go out with her then they will definately think I'm like gay lol and I'm totally straight acting but one of my friends started a rumor that I was gay at school because we got in a fight and he did that to make me mad lol but were friends again. Also, she said she wants to hang out this week and maybe go to the movies or something but if I pretend to go out with her I'm not going to want to make out with her. She looks like jessica alba. Like literally. its pretty cool lol. But ya anyways what should I do. If I go out with her I might feel like uncomfortable with her because she might expect me to kiss her and stuff but if I don't go out with her friends will question me. I sort of want my friends to get some hints that I'm gay anyways but I'm still really confused on what I should do...

Oh ya and I'll hang out with her that's not a problem because I have a ton of friends that are girls that I know and hang out with but if a girl wants to go out with me and pressure me into kissing them and stuff, idk I don't really like doing that with a girl lol.

2. KatoKumi

I think this is a sign that you should come out. Because you really shouldn't lead a girl on; you can't just go out with her for status. Because that's totally playing with real feelings she has for you. And if you don't kiss her or anything, then it's probably gonna backfire on you either way.

If you're not ready to come out, just say you're not interested in a relationship yet. Some of my old classmates still think I'm straight because when they ask me about 'the ladies,' I'm like "I totally got out of that scene."

Which is...true, in its own way [:

3. kevinx519

hmm tough predicament. but id tell you to not go out with her for sure. well i mean like dating and everything for the same reason as katokumi has stated above. just give the same excuse i do, say you have your eye on someone else or that youre too busy for a relationship right now. if your friends are really your friends, then they should accept what you say and move on.

4. Paralyzer

Haha.. wow, this is like every day for me.. it's my only current reason for disliking school haha

After my last gf, all her friends basically started crushing on me (girls are weird.. no offense) and they invite me to akward hang outs with them. So far, I've been able to avoid them by showing disinterest in them.. but in your case, I guess the girl is apparently so attractive that your friends would find it odd if you didn't go out with her.

I'd have to agree with Kato... this does indeed look like a good sign to come out.. and I'd know because I'm going through the same thing. Girl's keep crushing on me and it's getting very akward to keep telling them random excuses.. for me and for my peers. I've been contemplating coming out more fervently lately..

Looking at the positives, you've already done what I'd consider the toughest part, coming out to your parents... so I guess it's time to cause social disruption at your school.. and I mean that in a good way.

5. Jace

*sigh* same thing here there's like two girls who really like me and..... I don't want to be mean because I like them, but I just don't like them like that, they should become lesbians so that everyone can be happy :slight_smile: lol I just got it (gay!)

6. bleep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If a girl tells me she likes me, I tend just to tell her that I like her as a friend, not in "that" way and such. Normally, that's a viable excuse.

As for the fact that I don't seem interested in anyone, well, I guess I just seem like the sort of person who would go through high school without having a girlfriend. xP I guess I also seem to have the right friends who don't seem to question it -- thankfully.

7. Bader

Bader Guest

lol this is like Clueless *the movie*

8. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i think you should not go out with her. if you meet up, you need to tell her either that you aren't ready for a relationship or some crap, or you must come out to her. if you trust her she may keep it secret for you. but whatever you do, if you truly have no feelings for her, please don't play with her. that hurts :tears: good luck with a hard situation!

9. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with the others. You shouldn't go out with her. If you trust her enough you can tell her why, otherwise just say you're not ready for a relationship and can you just carry on being friends?

This is an age-old predicament. It's natural for girls to fancy blokes and then want to take it further. Unless you either tell her or say you're not ready, she (and others??) will wonder why.

Good luck.

10. Wired106

Ya I'm not going to go out with her I know that. But some people were saying they thought it was a good idea to just come out to everyone know lol. I CANT do that because I go to an all guys private school. lol do you know how bad that would be if I did that? And plus people wouldnt see it coming lol. I'm thinking about coming out to everyone senior year. Definately before college though so I can like live the life I want to live :slight_smile:. But ya don't worry I'm not going to play with her feelings or lead her on. I'm not like that. But I think I might use this excuse that someone mentioned -I have my eye on someone else and I don't think its a good idea to go out just yet. Thanks guys :slight_smile: