1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Saviour, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Saviour

Saviour Guest

Lately I've been thinking more and more about going through the actual transition with T etc.
    But I'm worried that when my voice lowers (if it does, I know someone's whose voice didn't change) that I won't be able to sing or scream for my band. Like, it terrifies me. :/
    I dunno what to do, that's the only thing holding me back besides cost. ._. (My therapist on this issue even thinks I'd be happier and better off going through with the change, I just don't know.)

:help:

2. Hexagon

You will be. Learning to sing in tune again might take a while, but its not too difficult, and screaming won't be a problem. What happens with the voice is more like a lowering of the 'comfortable' range than a restriction of the upper range.

But I suppose it isn't without risk. In the end, you have to decide whether you're willing to take that risk. And are you willing to live the rest of your life without T? How important is your band?