1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok so here is my real ish with my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Minecrafter, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    :bang:astonished:k so my real problem with my mom is that i had a long conversation telling her i wanted to be a girl that i felt like a girl and that if im not trans im gay because i like guy i told her "I have been to a site for people like me and that they think im trans and i have been to a tharapists site and some sites on sings of trans" and her response after i finshed talking was "I think your labeling your self too quickly" i mean seriously after my to two and a half years on reading and reserching this and talking to others and saying i feel and want to be a girl and that im interester in guys she says im labeling myself too quickly and acts like nothing happened i realy need your opinion on this because i have know im trans for about 4 years

2. Hexagon

That sucks. How old are you? If you're old enough to, I suggest you just get on with your life, and transition (if thats what you want) and let her come around in her own time.

3. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    honestly thats the worst part im only 13

4. Gen

Gen

Unfortunately, it might be a little difficult to convince some parents that their children is sure of their gender or orientation at such a young age. Its likely that you are right, but some will need more convincing.

You know what you are. You atleast informed her of what you are. The best you can do at this point is leave it at that. Carry on with your life and do only what makes you feel comfortable. She'll come around in time, but it will probably just take time. (*hug*)

5. integrand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you didn't mention how LONG you've been researching this to her. I think you should tell her that. She may need more time to see if you're still feeling this way before she takes you seriously.