1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my subconscience is having an affair?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jim, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim

I'm in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend, but I love her to bits and we talk every day via text. Last night however, I had a really vidid dream that I was with another girl and we were kissing and stuff..

Should I be worried? D:

2. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No You shouldn't:slight_smile:
    We all have our needs (ours bodys have needs) and when their don't satisfy, our mind finds other way to get what we want!))
    why did You have dream about other girl and not your girlfriend? I think (I believe in this) because You love her and this is more deep feeling than just body's needs...
    of cause it's just my opinion but I realy think your dream isn't something bad

3. Lewis

People would be lying if they said they didn't do the same. The point is, you love her right? Love and lust are two different things. We as humans naturally lust over others, but it doesn't mean that we feel anything for them.

I'm pretty sure people in very faithful marriages see other guys/girls and think...wow he/she is hot. You're only human, it doesn't make you a bad person at all.

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    nah, that's pretty normal. & anyway, you can't help what you dream abt

5. Ben

Ben

Firstly, dreams don't indicate anything about your 'subconscious'. You probably don't have much control over them, and nothing that happens in them is actually meaningful.

Secondly, it's not cheating if you look at or think about other people in a sexual way. We just don't have that level of control over our thoughts, especially not when it comes to sleep.

If you do feel guilty still, maybe you could talk to your girlfriend. But otherwise, it really doesn't need to be something you worry about! : )

6. Jim

Jim

Thanks! I do love my girlfriend, but I'm always a bit paranoid about whether I'm good enough for her etc. Because I can't really feel what other people feel. Like intellectually I love her, but I find it extremely hard to develop proper, deep feelings of love. I have ASD just fyi.