1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired, frustrated and angry...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BasketCase, Dec 27, 2012.

1. BasketCase

Hi all,

My first post on here in a while.

Not a great deal has happened, some small stuff and I have moved into my own house a while ago. Although I think that that had happened the last time I posted.

I'm posted because I am in a bit of a downswing at the minute. Nothing bad has even happened to me but I just feel so low at the minute. I'm tired all the time, easily frustrated and yesterday I got myself frustrated to the point where I punched a hole in my laptop to the point it is unusable now. I don't mean that to sound as dramatic as it does. I didn't literally put a hole through it but I made a pretty good effort.

I was playing a bit of online poker made a mistake, and the end result was that I took it out on my laptop and I am now writing this from a tablet device instead but the poker was just the incendiary.

I've been feeling very down for the last week and increasingly frustrated and prone to anger before that. I'm feeling as if I can't do anything right and that there is no point making an effort trying to improve things because I am Not worth it and will fail anyway.

I know this will pass in all likelihood but I need to get this out there.

Anyone else found themselves do something stupid like break their laptop just because they we feeling shitty?

2. MerBear

well , i accidently borke my dad's laptop but never my own and its funny this christmas , i got my first laptop , hopefully i won't break it but i have got so mad , i left 3 holes in my room , one on my wall from kicking it , one near my door from throwing something and one on the other wall for slamming my door and one in the bathroom from also kciking it

i also have gotten mad and shattered a plastic cup :slight_smile:
    i have a tendency to want to kill someone but i wouldn't have the guts....too scared

#2 MerBear, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might want to make an appointment with a doctor; sudden feelings of depression without clear cause, as well as rage can be a sign of a chemical imbalance in the brain. The doc can give you some antidepressants, and you'll start feeling better within a couple of weeks (a lot of antidepressants take a week or two to begin having an effect). It might be hard to believe, but your feelings might be caused, or at least amplified by a medical issue.

Everyone gets angry on occasion, but intense rage, enough to break an expensive possession, all because you lost a game of poker is abnormal behavior. If this was something you reguarily do, then I'd suggest long-running behavior issues as a result of how you were raised as a child, but since you describe this as a new development in you, I'd suspect some kind of medical depression. Fatigue, excess sleeping, loss of pleasure in daily activities, anger, are all symptoms of an episode of Major Depressive Disorder.