1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel disconnected from everything

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nemos, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Nemos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone, I'm looking for advice about what to do because recently I really feel disconnected from the entire world, I'm 18, I go to college and at the moment we have a Xmas break,all I do is wake up,shower,eat,play computer games for about 20 hours till I get myself tired much as I can because I feel like I have no one worth living for, I accepted the fact I'm gay about 2 months ago and told my mum about 2 weeks ago, now I noticed how sad my life really is without having friends and someone to love, I really want a relationship, I want friends and get out from my room where I sit all the time because I don't even know where to find someone.. at college I've signed myself up to this college therapist,so far 2 had 2 sessions and we kind of didn't get to friends/relationship part but I really need someone, I can't be alone otherwise I lose all my self motivation, all the power and I'm back to being depressed.

Any advice ? Thanks.

2. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would just hang on there during the break. Hopefuly the therapist will help you when you get back. This is a great cite if you are feeling down to look at the Fun and Games threads. As you go through collage more, I think that you will meet some more people who you have some things in common with. You may want to ask yourself why is it that you don't have many friends? Is it because you are so busy, and don't have any time to hang out? or is it because you don't talk much? I would try to figure that out and talk it over with the theripist.

3. SomeNights

Sounds to me like your not ready for a relationship. You need to be able to stand on your own 2 feet before you try and run a 3 legged race.

4. JustinCookie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like we're having similar issues. However, you don't need a relationship to be happy. Think about all the times you've had a good day or something made you happy. Were you in a relationship? No. So it's not entirely necessary for you to be in a relationship to be happy.

Also, you have to search for a great amount of willpower, say to yourself "balls to it" and start fighting your sulking and start being more outgoing. You say you're sick of being locked in your room, well only you can change that, not a therapist, not a relationship, not your family, you. Yes, all of the names listed can help you find that path but in the long run only you can help yourself. I just started seeing a therapist as well, and I'm proud of you for taking a step in the right direction! It's a start man!

PM me, I would love to talk to you and help you sometime! Hang in there bud! :slight_smile: