1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my dad is gone...what do i do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by amychan12, Dec 27, 2012.

1. amychan12

Last sunday my dad passed away due to a heart attack.now it's just me and my mom.we're both heart broken and scared to be without him.can anyone give us advice on how to deal with this tragedy?any comfort will help.he was a great man and at times it feels hopeless.but i want me and my mom to be ok mentally and finacially.please give us some comfort.thanks:tears:

2. MerBear

well , i haven't lost my dad but i have lost my mom when i was 12 but i am so sorry this happened , when my mom died ...i was lost .,..i stayed in my room and distanced myself away from my family and still am. my family is totally broken since she's not here anymore but never forget your mom , don't distance yourself ...use each other for comfort...try and stay close...help her and she'll help you and most importantly , don't loose track of who you are because of his passing. that's what happened with me

just cry and hold on too your mom then try to focus on good memories as time goes.

3. amychan12

Thank you me and my mom are close and need each other:icon_redf

4. Adelaida

I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. :frowning2: With death, time is the only thing that really helps to soothe that pain, although it will never completely go away. Maybe you could find ways to honor your dad? Make a memorial scrapbook or take your mom to do some of his favorite activities? Plant a tree for him or write him letters? Make a list of all the good things your dad brought to your life, all the things he taught you and the fun times you had. Then, whenever your find yourself doing something he taught you or asking yourself what kind of advice he would give you for a problem, you'll hear his voice in your mind. And he will never truly be gone, because you'll keep him alive in your mind.

Also, there are grief support groups out there. If you thought that might help you or your mom, you could try a google search or call your local information hotline or mental health center and they could direct you to a local group. And maybe it would help to do a quick google search on "the stages of grief." Usually, mourning takes on a specific course and sometimes it helps people to know what to expect while they're grieving or to at least know that what they're experiencing is normal after the death of a loved one.

I hope you and your mom find peace.

5. MerBear

that's good. stay next to your mom and hopefully everything will work out with time.
    it did with me but still my family will never be the same without her

6. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*) I'm so sorry. (*hug*)

7. cloudburn

I am soooooo so so sorry for your loss.
    I lost my father as well when I was 8 years old. As with all things, it get's easier with time, but it never gets better. Do your best to solidify good memories you have with him, and hold on to them with everything you have. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't miss him with every fiber of my being, but knowing that he's in a better place is what keeps me going. If you need someone to talk to, pm me. I'm always here. (*hug*)