1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parental Problems

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KourtenyFinn07, Dec 27, 2012.

1. KourtenyFinn07

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my parents some months ago, and they're very upset. They kicked me out of home and now I am living with a good friend of mine. They have stopped contacting me completely. Christmas (here it is called Joulu) was spent with my good friend and her family. My parents did not send a card or even call. I sent them gifts to try and persuade them to talk to me, but they do not want to. It upsets me because I am still young, and I do not want to live my life without my parents whom I love very much. I feel like my parents do not love me back.

What should I do about this? Should I leave it and give them more time? Should I confront them? I feel awful because of the fact that I have been kicked out my sisters do not see me as often. My youngest sister I've ehard is very upset because she does not know why I am gone, she just thinks I got up and left. My other sister talks to me a little, and my oldest sister is trying to get me to come back home, but I don't want to go back if my parents don't want me. I don't know what to do, and all of this is starting to take it's toll.

Excuse my English; I am from Finland.

If you want to know anything else that might help you give a more accurate answer, I will answer any questions to get the best answers. I really want to go home and see my parents again. I don't want them to be angry, ashamed, or disappointed with me.

2. SomeNights

How old are you?

Sorry about your parents. (*hug*) I can't say it'll get 100% better, but I wouldn't give up on them. How many months has it been exactly? How are you supporting yourself?

3. RainbowMan

Sorry to hear that (*hug*)

I really don't know what to say though - I'm still not out to my parents (not like they could kick me out of the house or anything...they're hundreds of miles away), but that reaction is the one that I'm fearing the most.

Like SomeNights said, how long has it been? I'd give them a few months (well, reading your original post, you do say some months...) if it hasn't already been that, and then try and work up the courage to somehow confront them about it, but I'm not sure how - maybe go over to their house and try and talk things through?

Sorry I don't have any better advice for you, but know that I'm thinking of you!

Oh, and your English is fine :grin:

4. Crazyguy

Can you provide more information on why your parents are upset? Is it because of religious beliefs or are they simply homophobic?

Whatever it is my heart goes out to you. I would just like to shake parents that don't know what unconditional love is all about. Please hang in there, your parents are making a big mistake.

If religious beliefs is the issue you may want to see if you can get them to watch "Prayers for Bobby" on YouTube.