1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 1234, Dec 27, 2012.

1. 1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This post is kinda long so I'll put my dilemma in bullet form to space it out a bit.
    •my dad is a good guy overall but pretty prejudiced. He throws around statements like "she looks like a Jewish broad", "effing f*ggots" and the n word at the dinner table casually so I'm scared of how he'll react to me being gay
    •my mom really wants me to be confirmed into the Catholic Church and has implied that she may cut on my college funding if I don't get confirmed. I don't believe in God.
    •I want a bf so bad, sometimes it's all I think about for hours, and it feels like I'm gonna explode. I've been told by some of my best friends who know that I have a sort of"gay vibe" to me (not in a bad way) but people not accepting me for being gay prevents me from just coming out and being honest about it
    •as a little kid I'd think some girls are pretty and want to date them but in middle school things changed. I started to like guys and at 14 I had decided that I just want to be with a guy (almost 16 now). I'm not questioning of it anymore; I know what I want so thats not the issue. How will I explain that to mom and dad when I come out? They'd never buy it, even though it's true.
    Long story short I wanna come out and live openly but there's just so many barriers I don't know how to cross. Advice?
    Thnx:slight_smile:

2. SomeNights

First and formost you dont have to come out, but if and when you want to, do it on your terms. The biggest thing that stands out to me is your age, because of that make sure that your coming out doesn't jeopardize your schooling or your means to support your self.

For me, it's been a long slow process that I've had very little involvement in(minus one night when I told the first person). After that it just people ask and I tell them.