1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accepting

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Feb 24, 2008.

1. hoping

my boyfriend and i were talking the other night and he was saying how he would love to buy me thing and i said i dont need u to buy me things all i want is you and he said the same but then he said he earns alot more money than he can spend on himself and that he would like spending it on me but heres the thing ive never been good at accepting gifts from people i always seem just to want to give and give. i know this sounds stupid but i just dont know wat to do

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Maybe you could go to a shopping centre and both buy each other something. Then you're giving and receiving and it might not make you feel so wierd? Or you could make something together and dedicate it to each other, for the same reason?

3. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Remember he may give you *expensive* gifts, but the simple gifts that comes from the heart are the ones more valuable. Buy a white T shity and dye it for him, or make him a necklace with your initials, anything simple but that shows your hard work on it is what I appreciate the most.
    I dunno if this helps but its my opinion. hehe. good luck!! :slight_smile:

4. Bader

Bader Guest

i agree, thats priceless

5. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    to be honest I'm much the same, always love to give and give and give, even when I really can't afford it. I suppose my principle is that you only live once, and that people I know and love deserve to be pampered.

Makes me accepting gifts very difficult, but I always make sure to return the favour... with force is necessary.

6. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hoping,

That is really sweet! :slight_smile: I agree with Arneneithel, you could go out somewhere and buy each other something or make something special and dedicate to just the two of you.

7. tehnathan

I'm very much like Jamie in that way. If I have something to give and a friend would like it, it's theirs - I don't expect anything in return.