1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pursuing women for the first time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jrad, Dec 28, 2012.

1. jrad

jrad Guest

In high school, I discovered I am bisexual. I was so afraid of what people would think if I came out, and sadly, I suppressed my attraction and sexual desire for women. I remember asking my mom what she would do if I was a lesbian and she replied, "I would be very sad, because I couldn't have grandchildren."

I've had a few relationships with men. Some very involved (being a step mom) and some casual (Friends with benefits). I just got out of a really unhealthy relationship where the guy was actually manipulating me and trying to control me, so I've developed a distrust for men. It seems like a bad thing, but to be honest, it may be the push that I needed! I'm really trying to pursue women for the first time now! I'm really excited, but also very scared!! I live in a small community where I was born and raised. A lot of people know who I am and I am scared of people's judgments.

I don't even know how to approach women. How do I know if a woman is interested in me? Some women are just very friendly and nice to everyone. I don't even know if women have the same dating rules (don't call for three days and all that crap). I'd rather not have any rules and just go with the flow, but I don't want to have women running for the hills because of poor etiquette!

I've also heard that a lot of homosexual women won't touch or look at a bisexual woman. They think we are fickle? I realize that I'm not that great of a catch in comparison to someone who is completely out and comfortable with their sexuality, but I know I have a lot of offer and I'm interested in a meaningful connection while trying to experience something new and wonderful for the first time. Any advice would be most appreciated!! :slight_smile:

2. MerBear

i don't know about how to know if women are interested in you or some because no girl has liked me yetdare to be different as i would say
    but i can tell you about judgement.
    i was always worried about what people thought and stuff but i actually learned that if what they are saying is NOT true , then it shouldn't matter.
    just be yourself. don't scared , and as for the "homosexual women" , that's not exactly true ...i know a lot of lesbians who would like to be in a relationship with a bisexuals.....the ones who don't might believe that person might cheat considering they are bisexual (stupid stereotypes)

don't let anyone tell you can't love the same-sex. your human and your allowed to love , date whoever you want ...it's your right and just remember , you can't change who you are so embrace it

good luck :slight_smile: