1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need a little advice....sick of sterotypes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MerBear

okay so me and my sister got in a fight and she started to be stereotypical and it pissed me off

she was said "well if your not a lesbian then stop dressing down" and i thinks she said something like acting like a lesbian or something but whatever.

she likes to say i dress like a "dyke" and personally i loath that word , i can't stand that word , just because she says it , it pisses me off.

she thinks because i apparently "dress down" , that's being a lesbian.
    i was wearing a yellow plaid shirt and she wanted me to try it on but it was too big on me but i decided to wear it anyways and i'm pretty sure that's why she said it

she always like to say the word "emo" , i mean she might be joking but it really offends me because she's always like "get the hair out of your face , stop being emo" , my hair isn't in my face for one

then she also calls my best friend saying "she's such a dyke" and i try to laugh along to please her ass but it pisses me off

then she kept saying how "if your not lesbian or bisexual" then why are you on a LGBT website and i already told her that straight people can be on that site and she was like "no they can't!" and she just refused to believe straight people can be on a LGBT when they can.

so my question is how to deal with my sister calling me 'emo' because i apparently have my hair in my face and saying how i dress like a "dyke" (god , even typing it makes me mad)?

god please help with me with the ignorance in this world in this world. it's too much for me

2. animequeen567

Your sister sounds like (forgive me, I hope this isn't too blunt) an ignorant bitch. She has no right to say those things about you. If I were you, I probably would have already blown up in her face screaming at her and cussing at her. I'm not telling you to do that, though. I think the best thing to do would be to tell her that it really bothers you that she calls you those things, tell her that how you dress is none of her business, tell her that she embarrasses you in front of your friend, and that she should mind her own business. I know you are bisexual as it says on the sidebar, but tell her about heterosexual allies. There are such a thing, and they often like to help people. Tell her in the nicest way possible to stop being so ignorant about people. Words like "dyke" are offensive. She needs to stop. Just don't yell at her, try to be as calm and nice as you possibly can, be mature about it, because she obviously is not acting mature about it. If she still gives you lip, you could tell your parents that she's bothering you. Just how old is your sister?

3. MerBear

22 and my sidebar does say bisexual , i'm trying to accept it but it's hard...
    i haven't yelled at her yet but i've given herl ooks , and if i get serious , she starts to laugh and calls me a "drama queen"

4. animequeen567

:/ she sounds like the drama queen....Well you could try yelling at her then or telling her parents that she is bothering you. I still say try to say the things that she said. Tell her to just listen to what you have to say. If you say it calmly and maturely, she can't call you a drama queen, and if she does it just shows how immature she is.

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2012 at 04:55 PM ----------

*try to say the things I said to say in the post above*

---------- Post added 28th Dec 2012 at 04:56 PM ----------

Sorry I worded that 3rd sentence wrong.

5. MerBear

it's fine , i tried telling her but she kept screaming at me and saying how wrong i am and this & that so i just closed her door and went into my room

6. animequeen567

Best not to yell at her. Leaving her was the right thing to do. It sounds like it's gonna take a lot to get through to her.

7. MerBear

she never wants to listen to anyone but herself but if you told her , she'd deny it

thank you for answering to my thread though :slight_smile:

8. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, for your sister to be 22, she's very ignorant/immature; I mean, I know age doesn't dictate maturity, but jeez. Tell you what, stop talking to her for a few days; believe me, it's possible. When I first came out when I was 18, my sister treated me differently--bad actually. I felt like she thought I was contagious or something. So, I ignored her for 2 weeks and yes, we lived in the same house at that time. She eventually came around to the idea of me liking girls, but I think she thought I couldn't like girls because I didn't fit the "stereotype", and it did hurt me for a while. We're all different and unique in our own way, so please don't allow her to get to you. It takes confidence and thick skin to do so, so work on that. She obviously has no clue about the lgbt community, and if you can't avoid her, tell her due to her lack of knowledge, her opinion doesn't matter.

#8 pinklov3ly, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell her to stop being a self-centered bitch. So much for stereotypical, right?
    Your sister needs to get over it and live her own life. For her to say those things to you... That makes her seem insecure. If she weren't insecure, then she wouldn't be finding your faults (even though there's nothing wrong with you).
    It would be in your best interest to try and have a calm conversation with her, but if she refuses to listen, then tell her that she's causing you to dislike her. Tell her that when she refuses to listen, it's hurtful.

10. MerBear

thank you. '

she and i have had so many problems and i always been tolerant around her but i hold so much anger towards her and i never let it out because nothing i say matters to her anyways.