1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New relationship - scared?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Took My Youth, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So me and this girl have been very close friends for quite a while, and I really fell in love with her and my other friend told me that the girl I'm really in love wants to ask me out but she doesn't know how, so today I asked her out via text and it was a resounding yes and I've never been so happy, but she's never been in a relationship before, and I've not been in one that counts, really.

And I'm seeing her on New Years day, but I'm just worried. I know that she really really likes me and we have a fairly physical relationship already (lots of hugging and touching and cuddling together - that was just as friends) but I don't know when it's okay to say things or do things. Because I've wanted to kiss her for so long, and she's never had her first kiss so I wanted to make it special for her and do it on New Years day but I thought maybe that was too soon? I don't know, I just have no clue what I'm doing.

I guess what I want to know, is when is it too soon to kiss her or start being very intimate? (I don't mean sexually). I know she really fancies me and I really fancy her, but I just don't want our first kiss to be wrong.

2. Luke Matt

lol I'm in a similar situation now. I've never been in ANY relationships and so I obviously lack experience in the fields of kissing/hugging etc. It'll be my third 'date' with this guy next week (he's staying at my place) and I'm 99.95% sure he wants to take it further (i.e. snuggling on the couch etc). Thing is, are we dating now..? How do I kiss him back..? I'm as equally as confused as you are so I'm really just taking it as it is and using it as a learning experience. All I can say is go with the flow and worry less about how you're going to plan things (e.g. her first kiss).

3. MerBear

i don't think it would too soon ...i mean if you just give her a passionate kiss on new years day ...i'd say that's perfect....she really likes you and you really like her so giving her a kiss isn't going to harm the relationship i wouldn't say , now sex....i would take the relationship slow and when your both comfortable enough ...i would say that's when you can be intimate

i personally wouldn't start out the relationship kissing her all the time. i would start out giving her a kiss when you see her and when you say goodbye.

that's my opinion. sorry if i'm not any help.

4. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since you both seem to be on the same page when it comes to your feelings for each other, I think you probably won't have to worry about when to kiss, if she wants it, etc. You already know each other pretty well, so you'll probably just get a feeling when the time comes. Some signs that she's receptive are:

A) You're facing each other talking, or doing whatever; making lots of eye contact, and she frequently looks at your lips (or towards them, like your nose), just glances. This is a sign she's thinking "Should I kiss her should I kiss her OMG don't screw up" xD.

B) She moves close to you, or allows you to move close to her. And by close, I mean chests facing each other, maybe a foot apart. Essentially your body language indicates 100% focus on each other.

C) She looks into your eyes and smiles. Not a laugh grin (though that can be a good sign as well), but a slow, thoughtful smile.

D) She's doing most of the above as well as playing with her hair or clothes, obsessively (not just a tug, but constantly fiddling with something nervously, but still seeming happy).

Once you get some of those signs, just try and slowly move in for it. That way you give her time to back off if she's not ready. Start by casually closing the gap between you, if things seem good so far (make sure she knows you're closer, don't do it when she's not looking), a good tactic is to brush something from her face (i.e move a strand of her hair away from her eyes). This is a really intimate (but not sexual, and hence not to intimidating) sign, if she reacts positively (smiles/moves closer or at least doesn't pull away), then try leaning in for a kiss. If you get to this point, I'd say you're pretty much guaranteed to get a good response.

FYI The above works for most guys too.

5. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you guys!

I went for it today and... it was amazing. Because it was her first kiss it wasn't like, perfect timing and we didn't really know how to go about it but it felt like people say it did, butterflies and fireworks. I'm blissed out.