1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wish I Was Straight...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by worriedWardrobe, Dec 28, 2012.

1. worriedWardrobe

I don't even know anymore...

I feel so lost and confused. I know that I like guys more than girls, but I don't think I want to. I wish I could just be a normal person. I feel so conflicted all the time. I'm happy to be me, but I wish I wasn't. I just don't know what I'm supposed to think.

I want to be me, but I also feel like I shouldn't.

I'm so confused, and worried. I've been getting stress headaches, and I need to sort myself out. I want to push through this difficult phase, and get to be comfortable with my sexuality, but I can't figure out how.

If this makes any sense, and you're still reading, thanks

2. MerBear

i read this and honestly , i'm pretty sure it's hard to accept your sexuality , it is for me.
    i liked guys my whole life at least that's what i thought but then in the beginning of last year , i developed a crush on this girl katie and questioned my sexuality and now it's a year later and people have just told i'm denying it ll i've done for a year was question and whenever people would say "you might be bisexual" , i would freak and be like "how?" and then i would think it was a phase and that i was just kidding myself

it's hard to accept i'm bisexual because i can't believe I would be in the LGBT community
    i can't accept bisexual and still try to convince myself im straight , but i don't like guys a the moment

i wish i was back to living the straight life. i never questioned anything and i didn't have to worry anything ...it was peaceful but i guess the questioning had its purpose

3. (*hug*)

It's true. LGBT gets a lot of discrimination, and it would be easier to be straight, but I've learned to love myself for I am. What you're feeling is completely normal. Don't be afraid to be yourself. I thought I was completely heterosexual a few years ago, but by that point, I was home-schooled, and didn't get to meet a lot of people. There's no point in changing who you are. It's impossible.

4. Ianthe

What your going through is completely normal. Most of us go through that at some point. Just try to learn more about gay people and positive things about the gay community. That will help you to accept yourself. Talk to the two friends you are out to--their acceptance will help a lot. (Talking about it in a safe environment with people who accept you is the antidote to shame, which is the bad feeling you are experiencing.) When you feel you can safely do so, come out to more people--thus expanding the group that you can safely talk about it with.

It's okay if it takes time. It will take time--you should expect that.

5. worriedWardrobe

Thank you
    It makes me feel better to hear that it's normal

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

I'm sorry you're having such trouble accepting yourself as gay. I think we all wish for a little normalcy sometimes, and the peace and quiet that accompany it.

On the whole though, I love being different. It means I get to find beauty, arousal, and even fulfilling companionship in people others could not consider. The idea of it being a naughty and secretive taboo to some is just icing on the cake.

There's also the idea that if you change perspective just a little bit, you ARE normal. That is, you are hoping for a consensual relationship with somebody who makes you feel safe, cherished, and lucky that they feel the same way about you. The fact that it's your same gender also means that you don't have to deal with the negatives that come with female socialization, namely an unspoken hierarchy in her circle of friends, monthly "visits", and that sort of thing.

Of course that isn't meant to degrade females in the slightest. I'm just trying to show you a few ways that being gay can be great. :grin:

7. hmph

hmph Guest

i feel that way a lot of the time about my gender. i wish i was just happy as a girl
    but i'm not.
    it sucks. and i'm the worst to talk to about it because i'm closeted everywhere except this website. and it doesnt look like i'm about to tell anyone anytime soon.
    just reassure yourself that being gay is hard in some situations, yes, but you will be so much happier if you are honest with yourself and how you really feel.