1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Straight Dilemna

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MidnightOwl, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MidnightOwl

So my current partner that I met online is by gender label a straight female. I am pansexual. I view my body as both male and female. I view myself as both genders. We met online and have a long distance relationship. When we first dated on Skype, she called me a "he" and has always viewed me a male. I have never really corrected her on this because she has made it very clear that she is not a lesbian. In October, I had told her I was Pansexual. She didn't really take that very well. We broke up for a short while, then got back together. She still views and sees me as male without knowing biologically I'm female. Now on one hand, I'm fine and comfortable with being called a he, as my gender metamorphisis within my relationships. And I play the straight man because that's how I view myself in this relationship. I only worry about, what we plan. To live together. And my stupid none gender nuetral body would give it away what I am. Now she would feel lied to. On one hand I completely understand from her point of view. And on another hand I on my view point I don't really see it as lying because I am both male and female and can play either role more straightly.
    I love her a great deal. She makes me feel alive. However, I know realistically this wouldn't work out. But I don't want to tell her that I'm biologically female. But am unsure of what to do. How to not lie, but not disclose anything either.

2. curlycats

....i'm going to be blunt. sorry if this hurts or offends you.

as much as you love her and as awesome as she otherwise is, i personally would not want to be with someone who is incapable of accepting me and loving me for what i am. period. it would put not only myself but also the other person into a very uncomfortable situation if not now than in the future and i just wouldn't compromise myself for such partial love/happiness.

you say you don't want to lie, but you don't want to tell her the truth either.... the only option i see, then, is to break up with her under vague pretenses of incompatibility (because that's what it really is/would be from her POV, just leave out the details), or find some other truthful reason, but breaking up is what i feel you will have to do and should do sooner than later if you really want to avoid having to confess your biological gender. if you really love her, you should stop things from progressing anymore than they already have because the deeper you two go, the bigger the hole in her heart will be when things do eventually end.

sorry, but just my 2c. :frowning2: i wish i could be more positive....

#2 curlycats, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long have you & her been together? IMO, I think she deserves to know, she has a right to know. I understand how you feel, but you're omitting the truth from her, which is the same thing as lying. She's going to feel totally betrayed because she thinks you're biologically male. She has the right to decide if she wants to be with you and I can see why you're hesitant to tell her. It's a very difficult thing to explain, but if she really cares about you, perhaps she will be accepting of you. I know, I've dated women I would have never given a chance, but personality matters more. Also, how that person makes you feel. I'm not saying confess tomorrow, but if you ever wanna be with her irl, then she needs to know.

#3 pinklov3ly, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  4. MidnightOwl

I can't. I already tried that and saw the results when trying to explain Pansexuality. I just don't have that option.

5. Renge

Ah, you have the same situations like me last year. Really the same. I thought its only me who ever do that. I completely understand those feelings...

6. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Most people dont have the capacity for loving someone for who they are and not what they perceive them to be. Shes expecting a boy to show up. Just like i need to accept that im not a 'real boy' because i wasnt born one, you need to tell her the truth about your gender identity. She may be mad but shes gonna find out sooner or later.

7. MidnightOwl

I want to stay and continue loving her. I don't...I invested quite a bit into this relationship. It's my only hope left.

8. Deaf Not Blind

it is never your only hope left.

honesty to yourself. she did break up. she did reunite. and if she does truly love you enough she will struggle with this a lot before saying absolute no or yes. anybody saying easily no and not changing mind after a few days does not have enough invested in the relationship.

you deserve true love. and it can exist. you should not put all eggs in one basket.

9. MidnightOwl

It's difficult being Pangender. Because in a world trying to learn how to accept homosexuality and learn how to accept transgender, there is this other group saying they don't want to be reflected by a gender at all. Saying they feel as both genders and encompass all genders. And that's pretty hard for society to take in as well. It's so hard to explain to people as it is. I do not fall in love with gender, I do not pick and choose partners based on gender. I choose them for how well they can keep up with me intellectually. Do you realize how hard it is to find someone whom both accepts gender nuetrality, is intelligent and I'm talking intelligent, and is easy going? Very difficult. I need a partner that is like a 1% in the population. No one, not my straight partner, not even a lesbian or gay partner would be able to understand this gender quirk.

I rarely elude to my real life. But I'm absolutely in hell. My father wants me to start dressing and behaving like a woman. But I cannot possibly dress, behave, or do anything woman life if I don't feel like a woman. My parents divorced last year. My dad's girlfriend is absolutely selfish wanting to push us away from our father because she wants her children to be provided for and hopes if she gets the birds out of the nest she can sneaks her in. My sister is disrespectful and rude, and doesn't respect the things I have done and sacrificed for her. And then on top of that is this gender quirk of being a nuetral gender and feeling like I am both man and woman. And no one understands that.

I don't have anything else. I don't have anything that makes me happy. Or anyone in my life that makes me happy. Yes, I know I'm stupid, naive, selfish to put this one egg in a basket.

But I am in absolute hell. And I need to escape. I need a light somewhere in my future. Because right now it's just murky water.

I'm no longer in college because I have had personal problems with teachers whom for whatever reason don't like me.

I have AS, and always had social problems.

And then on top of is this.

My insecurities with my father because I'm constantly searching for his approval. But he never approves unless I have done something he suggested exactly as followed.

I'm miserable. And this is the only person, and only thing I have left that doesn't make me feel miserable.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had no idea she didn't know you were biologically female. I assumed she lived long distance and and saw you once in a while, since you said you couldn't wait for her to get home so you two could be intimate. I guess I misunderstood. :/
    This is a very tough situation, and I'm sorry you're in it. You have shared a lot about yourself and you put your trust in me to know the information given. But I consider you my friend, even though we have just met, and I hate that you're going through such an awful situation.
    I haven't read through the whole thread, so I don't know the type of advice people have given you, nor do I know what your responses were. So here's my advice... I think you should tell her. I know this may seem like an impossible decision because you love her, but she deserves to know. She probably won't accept the fact that you're not a man physically. And I know you're probably frustrated that she most likely won't accept it, even though you view yourself as genderless. But what you have to understand is that most people see gender as an important thing, even if you believe it's wrong. Later on she might realize that she really does love you no matter what gender you are physically.
    What I want to know is... Were planning on telling her eventually? I mean, I'm sure you would want something more than just a verbal relationship.

I tried sending this in a private message but, for some reason, I was denied permission.

11. MerBear

Well I personally would tell her the truth and I know you don't want to let go , people have told me to let go of my ex and I just can't , I put a lot into the 2 of us.

I'm here if you want

12. MidnightOwl

I'm to much of a coward. I can't do it. I'll just check out for another convenient reason.

13. MerBear

well , you can try....hey.... haven't told her about how im on empty closets and how i am still sort of questioning....i mean i do have feelings for her but i don't tell her im still questioning because ...you know...

i guess not questioning but accepting

14. MidnightOwl

I'm in that weird kink of life, where I have accepted. I realize I am this way. However, other people are not going to accept and never going to understand it. No matter if I try to tell them. And I know I'll be losing someone perfectly amazing if I told them what I really was. I rather lose them over something conveniently easy over something as them not being able to accept who I am because that's to painful.

15. MerBear

yeah , if she doesn't accept you , i wouldn't think she's worth it. you need someone who accepts you for you....my ex accepts me for who i am and i accept her

16. MidnightOwl

The situation is a little more complicated though. As I am friends with her brother as well. And her brother and I run a forum together, which would mean....that he'd fine out and most likely the forum as well. I may lose his friendship as well because of thought that I was lying to him.

17. Deaf Not Blind

Only those who are adults and apply for full membership can PM other full members.

18. MidnightOwl

I'll be doing that when I hit two weeks so I can talk to everybody via PM and even go into the chat room, lol. :slight_smile:

19. MerBear

well if you lose a friendship over being pan-gender , i know he may think you were lying to him but maybe he should see where your coming from , i know it's not easy. your in a difficult situation and if he refuses to see it from your side , fuck him.

20. MidnightOwl

:icon_sad: