1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian with a crush on a guy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nadski, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Nadski

Nadski Guest

For those of you reading, thank you :slight_smile:

i am a little confuzzled at the moment. For the past year i have been about 90% i was a lesbian. I have had relationships with guys and they were nothing compared to what i felt towards girls. Kissing guys was disgusting, and when i was with them i felt numb. there was initial attraction to them at first but it wore off and it just became nothing. This made me feel like a horrible person as i led them on thinking i really liked them, only when things got serious i felt nothing and disgusted by kissing or any form of contact. i have had a girlfriend in previous months (it didn't work out) and the feelings i felt toward her were so much different in a way that it was more intense.

I have been hanging out with a really close guy friend a lot lately (he knows i am a lesbian) and i can't help but feel really attracted to him. he is sweet, funny, and everything i could ever want in someone from what i have seen over the past year of friendship. I am pretty sure he likes me too, he comes into my work a lot, asks to hang out a lot and when i am with him he is very shy to hug and is hesitant to tell me who he likes. that being said he may not like me and that's fine. but the thing is, from past experiences, i have liked guys initially and then after a while i feel nothing. i really like him. but i don't want it to end up like everything else. i care about him a lot and i don't want to lead him on at all. he has been hurt by so many girls leading him on and not giving a single interest in him. But these feelings are really starting to take over and i don't know what to do. i feel like a complete idiot at the moment and i hate confusing people or leading them on. and most of all i hate not being honest. i haven't told anyone about this yet which is also making it worse. i intent to soon but i am scared. it's kind of ironic, a couple of years ago i was scared of admitting i was a lesbian, now i am scared of admitting i am not.

does someone have any advice? anything would help. thank you so much

2. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I don't have advice but I can relate. I have never really felt attracted to guys and now, I finally let myself admit that I don't like guys and some guy comes along and makes me rethink everything

3. Nadski

Nadski Guest

It's nice to know i am not alone in this, although it sucks to have constantly changing feelings as i know it hurts others in the process. thanks for replying

4. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I was actually in a similar situation this past summer. I've been out as a lesbian for a while but then I fell for this guy. I was scared to go for it because I thought people wouldn't take me seriously because I said I was a lesbian. I was definitely confused by everything I was feeling. When I talked to some of my close friends about about it they said it didn't matter what other people thought and I should just go with my gut feelings. It can be hard to not care about what other people think, and to tell someone how you feel about them, but it can be totally worth it. We ended up just having a summer thing and then parted ways, but it was fun. I'm still not sure if I would be with another guy, but I don't think I'm completely opposed to it either, as long as they know my situation. It can be confusing and frustrating, but your not alone. Trust your gut, it's alright to not be 100% sure about what you are. As long as your both happy.

5. Nadski

Nadski Guest

thank you so much, it means a lot that you replied :slight_smile: he definitely knows my situation, we have been friends for almost a year now and the more and more i hang out with him, the more i feel, i think i am going to go with my gut. if he tells me he likes me too, i am going to be honest about it, and tell him i may need a bit more time to figure things out. I have and always will have strong feelings for girls and he knows this. but i have always believed that it shouldn't matter what gender the person is, you like who you like, i just thought i was incapable of liking guys after past experiences.

I spoke to my close friend last night and told her about it all, shes been saying he has been talking a lot about me and confessed he liked someone who was off limits. i am just so afraid of hurting him, but i can't exactly ignore what i am feeling. i am seeing him tonight, he is picking me up after work and we are going to McDonalds to celebrate new years (classy i know haha). so if the opportunity arises to talk about this, i will take it :slight_smile: once again thank you so much, it really helped