1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madly in Love and So Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cookiemobster, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Cookiemobster

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I have a best friend which is two years younger than I am. (He's 15 and I'm 17). I'm bicurious if not bisexual only for him. He claims he is straight and claims he has no respect for gays and actually wishes hurt upon them. I came here because I need help, advice, I have been in love with him for over half a year and it's killing me inside. A lot of the relationships he's had haven't worked out and one of those relationships happened recently. We always hang out and always are talking.

Even though he claims he wishes hurt upon and has no respect for gays, he always jokes around with me and when it's just me and him hanging out he's rubbed my arm a couple times, he's joked around about us being together and even sent me a text one night while I was on my first night of vacation saying 'hey I looovvveee you' with kissing smileys. I responded saying 'youre gay haha' and then he responded saying I know you love me too with more smileys (he couldve been with friends but i dont know). I then responded saying only as a friend and he didn't respond back. Also over the summer we were at a camp and he was around a girl that was trying to get all over him and he asked me "do you wanna go somewhere?... Alone?" (We roomed together at this camp and it was around the 4th night out of 6 nights) He might of asked me this if he was uncomfortable but I don't know. He told me when we were alone that he didn't really like her at all and wanted me to help him. So I'm so confused and maybe I'm just trying to see these as signs because I want them to be but I was wondering if you guys would clear some of this up for me since I'm just blinded by love.

Is he just comfortable around me, feel secure, etc.
    Or is there a chance he has a crush on me or is curious?

2. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    There is obviously a chance that he could be gay and that his animosity towards homosexuals is nothing more than a cover. There is also a chance that you are completely wrong.

My advice to you is to maybe do a bit more digging and ask yourself whether or not you feel its worth pursuing. Maybe look at his track record with girls and gauge a decision based on that.

If you are comfortable with the idea you are probably bisexual or homoromantic then perhaps come out to him and see the reaction. He might just say something about himself too.

3. Cookiemobster

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Thanks for your answer, really appreciate it. I'm just so scared to come out to him because he's my best friend and possibly the most popular kid in his class at our school so it's really risky for me.:icon_sad:

4. jvn95

Hello there.

I can see the possibility of him being gay or bi. But my straight friend acts this way too. I'm pretty sure he's straight (I think haha)

If it is a risk that coming out to him would be negative, I don't think you should. Safety is always first.