1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to come out, encountering more problems

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Shadow7796, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

Since my accepting me not being straight, I have encountered a few problems.

1) I am in a relationship with a wonderful girl who is also my best friend. This may not seem like a problem, but if I come out, it will be. I realized I was not straight 2 months into our relationship (November) and I don't know what will happen if we break up. Most people in our grade know about us, and will wonder why we broke up, which will cause more problems.

2) I am still having trouble identifying myself as either bi or gay. I know that I lean more towards guys (Kinsey 4.5-5), but I do not know to say that I am bi or gay when I come out.

3) I have many wonderful friends, but I do not consider most of them trustworthy. The most trustworthy friend I have is very supportive of anybody, however. I know this because there is an openly gay kid in our grade, and he gets a lot of ridicule (mainly because of the way he acts), and my friend sticks up for him. The problem is that she is a strong Christian, so I do not know for sure if she would accept me or not.

:help:

I am just scared of all the changes that will happen, although I vow to at least start the coming out process in 2013.

2. Capichino

Most ppl are scared of changes and can u wait to come out to them and wait intel ur shure what ur orientation is

3. SomeNights

Well, if it's such a good relationship why does it have to end? If she is your best friend wont she support you? As far as other people, screw them! it's your happiness!!! I know that sounds harsh, but if there is one thing I could go back and change about High School, it'd would be for me to care less about what other people thought and focus on what I wanted.
    Same boat...i gave up putting a label on it and just say "i like guys". Let people figure the rest out for themselves, besides if someone is really interested enough they'll ask anyway!

well, maybe your not ready to come out (as counter intuitive as that sounds). There is absolutely no need to rush it and you don't have to come out to everyone at once. i really only have a few close friends that know (plus everyone at the local gay club, besides the point) plus a few random ppl that have asked.
    don't put a time limit on it. work it out on your own time. Make sure your ready, make sure your parents will receive it well and that you are not going to put yourself in harms way by coming out

-hope that helped :slight_smile: (*hug*)