1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im thinking of moving out of my mum and dads house

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunnii, Dec 29, 2012.

1. sunnii

Ok so I know if I choose to actually move it'll still be a whie before I find a flat of my own etc.

Anyway after my dad hit me on Xmas eve I've thought about moving out. Not just because of that but. Ive had issues with my mum over the past year and she actually said to me a couple of months ago that maybe it was best for me to find a place of my own.

I was talking to my friend about it today (he knows about me and my dad) and he reminded me that I work in a town that's a 35 minute drive away and on my days off I go to the gym in that town, when I'm not there I'm at one of our other friends house where we all hang out and then I stay over at my aunties house. I can't live with my auntie because she has 5 people living in her house and I'd feel like I was invading her space (not that she wouldn't have me)
    . Point is I don't have a life in the town I live in, my life is where I work, where my friends are, where I go to the gym and where half my family lives

But what's stopping me is not only financial reasons (tbh I do have money saved in the bank) but I don't think I'm ready to live on my own. I may be 20 but emotionally I'm younger and more naive. I don't know how I'd cope. On the other hand maybe it would help me become more independent and responsible.

I'm not going to do exactly what strangers on the internet tell me what to do but I'd like to hear your input thanks Xx

2. ForceAndVerve

Is there anyone you know (friends/family) that would be willing to let you rent a room? That's always a great way to start out. You get the independence but also have some support around you. And plus seeing as they are friends it might be less harsh on your pocket.

3. sunnii

im not saying im a bad person but i think id be a bit difficult to live with kind of so that's why id rather be on my own