1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Event

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alex0791, Feb 24, 2008.

1. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So earlier today, my 12 year old cousin was going to have a birthday party at a entertainment place called Main Event and he invited me. I wasnt intending on going since he was going to have an assload of 12 year old boys there but I ended up going anyways. So the 1st of 3 events was bowling. I sucked doo doo at bowling. Gutters most of the time... Lol. There was a cute guy staring at me while I bowled from the lane next to me so that made me feel embarrased because he was really good. So on my 20 gutter, he came over to me and asked if I needed some help. And I told him if he didnt mind because I had the lowest score out of 30 12 years old and because he was cute. Haha... but i thought he was going to TELL me how to do it but instead he proceeded behind me to grab my arms and literally instruct me how. Before you know it, i pull away and yell hell no because my cousin was there and he would get ideas. He just turned red and left quickly before i could talk to him. Was I too mean? What should i have done?

2. Paralyzer

AWW!.. I hate when crap like that happens to me... I never stop thinking about it..

I'd say you were too mean to him, you could have just told him to take it easy... maybe giggle a bit to get the message across... I know your cousin was there so I guess that was a tight spot..

One time, I was in a CVS store on vacation looking for sunscreen when this cute guy came up to me and smiled constantly.. he went to the shelf next to me and fooled around with stuff. When I looked at him he was still smiling so I smiled back.. I had to walk away cause I was there with my friend and his mom and when I turned around he still smiled at me.. but I couldn't say anything to him :frowning2: :frowning2:..

I've got a lot of stories to be honest.. maybe I'll blog them.. haha.. idk.. But dang.. that sucks for you :frowning2:... but atleast you got some action.. haha XD

3. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh lol yeah and now i regret it! I wish i would have at least gotten his number lol. He was a cute blonde!

4. sdc91

Was he really coming onto you? I mean, it might have just been embarrassing for him to try to instruct you then having everyone stare at him while he's touching your arm as you brush him off or something.

Anyway, was this the Main Event in I-20 in southwest-ish Ft. Worth? Cause I stayed at a hotel next to that one like 5 weeks ago.

5. Brett

It's ok.......I know that alot of (gay) guys would've done the same thing. I hate it when that happens though! I always hope that I'll see the guy again and be able to explain to him what happened......but I haven't been that lucky yet, but maybe you'll be! :slight_smile:

6. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, it was at the Main Event on by Bryant Irvin Rd so Idk where thats at... Lol im not good with directions at all. But i really dont think ill ever see him again...

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I hate it when things like that happen. The worst part is not knowing what COULD have happened if the circumstances had been a bit different.

8. Psychedelic Bookmarks

If he was that good, maybe he's a regular. You could go back and hang around. If you see him again, approach, apologise for this time, explain about your cousin.... :wink:

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That's a good point and good advice.

10. sexyalex

omg u shout NO to a BLOND??! :eek:

seriously, that was major freaky much. i would have been scared to help u even to stay near u after that. the guy could have probebly had a crush on u or felt that u thought he was gay when he wasn't. ether way, they wasn't right. my opinion, best u had made him help u then if ur cousin got any ideas...u explain him up a bunch of excuses to cover ur tracks up.

word :dry:

11. sdc91

Yup, that's it.

Anyway, you'll still meet other people when you're ready. Don't mull over it too much.

12. Étoile

Golden Rule: When a cute guy comes along and pursues you, by all means, GO ALONG WITH HIM! LOL

In all seriousness though, your probably hurted the poor guy's feelings! Meanie-head!:lol:

I think instead of rejecting him like that, you could of played the 'I can't believe he's grabbing my arm, but I'll go along with it anyway' role. You could have let him showed you how to play (and show subtle signs of attraction with him) and then act as if you were just going along with him if anyone asked what was up when he leaves, but don't insult him. Or, you could have rejected his offer but clearly make it known to him through body language (eye motioning to the crowd of 12 year olds for example) why. Hope you see the guy again!